My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

GMB listing with e-commerce website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, 

I have a local shop for which I have created a GBM listing (https://plus.google.com/106267896198735803493). Now I'm working on an e-commerce site which will be launched soon and is called: www.thallodermashop.com. My question is do you think that is ok to place this e-commerce website on my GBM listing? The NAP that I have listed on the GBM listing and the website is the same but I'm hesitating whether to do it because it is a shop website?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GMB listing with e-commerce website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mihaela

As per Google guidelines, "Listings on Google My Business can only be created for businesses that either have a physical location that customers can visit, or that travel to visit customers where they are. "

So an ecommerce website can't be added to the GMB listing.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: GMB listing with e-commerce website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I thought about that but since the e-commerce site basicaly represents the local store in terms of products and everything else. Just one more question if I create a separate Brand page with the same business name then can I palce the shop website?

GMB listing with e-commerce website

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mihaela

Sorry for the delay in replying - we've been having some problems with forum notifications and I did not realise you'd responded to me until today.

In answer to your question - yes, if you create a separate Brand page then you can link your ecommerce website to that Brand page.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog