My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

GMB and G+ not connecting for 2 of my listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I manage a lot of pages and know my way around GMB and G+. Since the newest update, new pages I create don't automatically have a connect G+ page now. I know how to enable the page by going to plus.google.com/b/(id # from GMB Url)

This works well for me since i manage a lot of accounts. Well, for my one listing, "Men's Self Spa at Hotel Gaythering" in Miami Beach, when I try to enable it with the above method of chanigng the GMB url, it tells me it "cannot enable Google+ for my brand"

If I use the standard method of going to plus.google.com, and clicking G+ for you brand, then going through that option to create the G+ page, it works, but it doesn't connect to my GMB dashboard page like the rest of my accounts do. The simplest ways of knowing they didn't sync or connect is one, on the GMB home page there is no option to share your thoughts, i.e., post.

The other way I know is when you go into GMB to edit the info, the G+ icon is not there next to the Maps and Search icons, and the dotted box in the upper right of the page won't have a G+ icon.

I just did this same thing for a new listing in another one of my emails called "Ditmas Kitchen Boca" and it worked flawlessly, made the G+ page and connected it in my GMB dashboard.

Why are both some of my listings, albeit a very small percentage, are not letting me make the G+ page that connects into the GMB dashboard?

Here is the screenshot saying cannot enable G+ for your brandscreenshot- 2017-05-17.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Google My Business is now a stand-alone product and it cannot be connected to Google+ or other Google products. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I get to Google + accounts that used to be connected? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is Google Plus going away? 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Nope - it's not going away 

But its divorced from GoogleMyBusiness

Re: GMB and G+ not connecting for 2 of my listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply, Helmet. Why is Youtube Connected to GMB? Why is analytics connected. Google claims all the services are connected, but there are services that are really difficult to access. Now I have a Google + that I can’t access. How do I fix it? Thank you for your help.

Teri

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

It isn't true.

Youtube isn't connected to GMB for any new business listings.

It could be that for some older listing the connection between GMB and G+ or YT isn't yet cutted