My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

GMB and G+ issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an issue with the setup of my "Google My Business" account and my Google+ page.  I am a GSuite user and I setup at G+ account with my GSuite account, however I don't believe it was a "business page". I just setup my GMB account and I see no indication of a "business page" for G+ under the account.  I deleted the original page I setup hoping that would allow for a page to be created, but no such luck.  When I go to Google+ now with my GSuite account is gives me an option to "Join" so I don't really know what's going on.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sean R
November

GMB and G+ issues

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sean,

Confusing I know... but G+ and GMB are now totally separate. To create or edit GMB pages, log into GMB.

"When I go to Google+ now with my GSuite account is gives me an option to "Join""

It sounds like what you deleted was just a G+ page, so it's asking if you want to join and create another one, I think. Depending on your business, goals and social activity, you may want to just stick to the GMB page. It has a new option where you can post there too and then everything is in the same place. But if you want to use the page as a social platform, post often, want to get followers, refer customers to the page, then you may want to add a G+ page too. But they are separate now and one does not help or influence the other.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sean R
November

GMB and G+ issues

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sean,

Confusing I know... but G+ and GMB are now totally separate. To create or edit GMB pages, log into GMB.

"When I go to Google+ now with my GSuite account is gives me an option to "Join""

It sounds like what you deleted was just a G+ page, so it's asking if you want to join and create another one, I think. Depending on your business, goals and social activity, you may want to just stick to the GMB page. It has a new option where you can post there too and then everything is in the same place. But if you want to use the page as a social platform, post often, want to get followers, refer customers to the page, then you may want to add a G+ page too. But they are separate now and one does not help or influence the other.

Re: GMB and G issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the tips, I simply wanted to utilize it to improve my SEO and
Google presence. I don't plan to update or post to the Google+ page, so I
suppose it's ok. I do not think I have any Google+ account at all right
now with my business, however I was led to believe the GMB would
essentially make one for me when I set that up is that not correct?

GMB and G+ issues

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

"however I was led to believe the GMB would essentially make one for me when I set that up is that not correct?"

Yes that used to be the case, but now G+ is not connected in any way to GMB and does not create a G+ page any more. So unless you plan to use social, I'd focus on your GMB and on your website which is where your efforts can have the greatest impact.

Highlighted

GMB and G+ issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

As G+ is not connected in anymore to GMB, what about creating a brand account in G+ for clients who have a GMB account and want to reach a good "pertinence" score ? In fact, a few clients tell me they are not really interested in G+ vs other social medias (less popular in France). It was easy to show them G+ features when it was attached.

On another side I suppose Google Post do the job if a shopping place is not a particulary a brand ?