My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

GMB Page disabled: Requesting details about GMB Guidelines

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am writing about a GMB page that was recently disabled by Google: Timefreeze Barcelona.

It was disabled because the name Timefreeze does not appear on the front door. However, we believe that, for our customers, it is important for Timefreeze to have its own My Business:

=> To appear Google Maps

=> Because Timefreeze is separated from Eugin clinic, Timefreeze is an independent department (and different phone numbers):

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en#departments

=> Because Timefreeze needs its own customer reviews

=> Because Timefreeze patients are in a completely different state of mind than Eugin's patients, so the marketing and communication are completely different

=> Because Timefreeze patients go through a different process with different teams than Eugin patients 

1. So now, in order to comply with Google rules, Eugin and Timefreeze have agreed to update the pictures appearing on the front door, and to include Timefreeze name (but it's a big effort and it takes some time). 
So, what are the guidelines to make sure that Timefreeze is entitled to have its own GMB after that? Is the name Timefreeze written in the front door is enough, or are there more specific requirements? I just want to make sure that, after the change, it will be eligible for GMB again.

2. Plenty of hospital & clinics are in that situation. Requesting all independent departments -say dermatology & dentists- within them to have their own name appear on the front door is, IMHO a bit too much to ask for.
And customers need a different GMB per independent department, with their own reviews & appearing on Google Maps.
I think Google is being too strict in such cases.

Kind regards,

Antoine.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Antoine B
July 2016

Re: GMB Page disabled: Requesting details about GMB Guidelines

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please contact business support during office hours :
https://support.google.com/business/contactflowHi @Antoine B

I don't think it was just because of the signage on the door.

Looking at the website, it still looks like this is a service of Eugin Clinic and not a separate department.

I would make it clear that this is a department within the Eugin Clinic.

Also if it was a genuine separate department with its own distinct forward facing customer service, then it would have had signage.

Correct Name

Address

Own Tel Number

Own Business hours

Once these are in place then contact business support again to complete the verification.

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Tim,

Just to make sure I understand your answer:

Once we have the following, we can re-apply for verification:

- Correct name: TimeFreeze Barcelona

- Address: Unchanged

- Own telephone number

- Own business hours

-  Specify Timefreeze is a separate department within Eugin

(Optional: Own distinct signage specifying Timefreeze)

Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Antoine B

Yes I don't see a problem.

PS: Name is Timefreeze, NOT Timefreeze Bracelona

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper

PS: Name is Timefreeze, NOT Timefreeze Bracelona

But Timefreeze recently opened in Madrid. And we also tried to have the GMB for Timefreeze in Madrid but it was refused and then the GMB for Timefreeze in Barcelona was disabled.

Since we now have different locations, and want one GMB for Barcelona, and one for Madrid, shall the name for Barcelona be "Timefreeze Barcelona" and for Madrid "Timefreeze Madrid", or just Timefreeze in both cases?

Thank you so much for the help!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

According to Guidelines it should just be called: Timefreeze

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great @Tim Capper, thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions! 

GMB Page disabled: Requesting details about GMB Guidelines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello again,

I made the changes you suggested:
- Correct name: TimeFreeze
- Address: Unchanged
- Own telephone number
- Own business hours

Then I requested a reconsideration but Google replied negatively:
"Your listing could not be verified to appear on Google Search and Maps because it’s a product or service provided inside of another business called Clínica Eugin, which doesn’t comply with our eligibility guidelines.
For this kind of product or services I'd like to advise you to create a G+ brand page:
Enforcing these guidelines helps maintain high quality information on Google and improves how customers interact with businesses online.
Thanks for your your cooperation and understanding. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us."

Creating a G+ brand page would not resolve the matter: We need each location of Timefreeze to appear on Google Maps since women willing to do the egg freezing process search for Timefreeze Barcelona or Timefreeze Madrid and not Eugin Barcelona or Eugin Madrid.
Since Timefreeze is available in 3 different clinics -one of them is not Eugin (CIRH)-, we should have 3 Google My Business, one for each location but Google does not even accept the first one (Timefreeze Barcelona) and these locations do not appear on Google Maps.
To overcome the problem, we introduced a schema.org json code with the local address on the following pages a month ago, but they still do not appear on Google Maps:

Any suggestion?

Best regards,

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Antoine B

It is as I originally said when looking at this for you.

Everything on the TimeFreeze site seems to indicate that this is a service of the Eugin Clinic and not its own business.