AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

GMB Listing help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there. 

I understand how directory and listing claiming works for local business. But what about for hospitals? We work with a hospital and they have Google My Business pages set up for each doctor (100's of listings set up). If you search the doctor's name, you see a lot of listings in the organic search. Some of the info on these listings is wrong? So my question is where are they pulling the info from? Are they getting it from the doctors GMB listing? Somewhere else? If I change the GMB info will it update the info? Or do i need to be sending the doctors info to all the main aggregators? 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan L
October 2016

GMB Listing help

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Ryan,

Do a search for one or a few of your Doctors, I am sure they have profiles in websites such as HealthGrades, Vitals etc.

Information is pulled from all online sources.  If you see older listings In GMB or Maps, they are not being duplicated by your current GMB page.  There are older existing maps or places pages created by the Google Database of Information seen across the net from sources like I mentioned above.

So to have a clean profile for each doctor and references with correct information you can use the Aggredators to supply that information, contact the actual website that show the information, and if there are dublicate listing in GMB attempt to get them removed.

But if all we've done is create GMB listing for each doctor and not sent any info to the main aggregators, does that mean that these other listings out there are pulling from the GMB page?

NO as stated above, Google pulls data from all available sources of information that is on the internet, and you can be pretty sure information existed on other sources prior to your creation of the GMB pages you initialized.

Make Sense?

View solution in original post

GMB Listing help

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Or do i need to be sending the doctors info to all the main aggregators?  ( YES)  that is going to be the main source of their information

GMB Listing help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Eric. But if all we've done is create GMB listing for each doctor and not sent any info to the main aggregators, does that mean that these other listings out there are pulling from the GMB page? If thats the case, do I still need to send all doctors info to the aggregators? Thanks again. 

-Ryan

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan L
October 2016

GMB Listing help

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Ryan,

Do a search for one or a few of your Doctors, I am sure they have profiles in websites such as HealthGrades, Vitals etc.

Information is pulled from all online sources.  If you see older listings In GMB or Maps, they are not being duplicated by your current GMB page.  There are older existing maps or places pages created by the Google Database of Information seen across the net from sources like I mentioned above.

So to have a clean profile for each doctor and references with correct information you can use the Aggredators to supply that information, contact the actual website that show the information, and if there are dublicate listing in GMB attempt to get them removed.

But if all we've done is create GMB listing for each doctor and not sent any info to the main aggregators, does that mean that these other listings out there are pulling from the GMB page?

NO as stated above, Google pulls data from all available sources of information that is on the internet, and you can be pretty sure information existed on other sources prior to your creation of the GMB pages you initialized.

Make Sense?

GMB Listing help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the help!