My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

GMB Info Does Not Match GMaps - Address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have made address changes in our GMB Dashboard, however the changes do not update on Google when we search our Business (Morrow and Meyer, LLC).

The correct current address is 4580 Stephen Circle Northwest, Ste 300

Google is showing our old address of 6279 Frank Ave NW, North Canton, OH 44720

Everything else is correct though.

Current phone: (330) 433-6000

URL: https://www.google.com/#q=morrow+and+meyer+llc&*

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GMB Info Does Not Match GMaps - Address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bob M

There are two verified listings, one at the old address and one at the new address. I'm guessing you have control of the correct one but not the old one?

Correct one:

https://goo.gl/maps/EeRYKVhAZkw
Verified by this account:
mo…@gmail.com

Old address:

https://goo.gl/maps/ic7anNeUvWL2
Verified by this account:
tp…@gmail.com

Do you recognize the email on that second listing, and do you have access to both accounts?

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We do not have access to the old account. It was used by our old IT company and they are not providing us with the credentials to it.

This is why we created the new account. If you could move our company to our new account that would be all we need.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Unfortunately it's not that easy and not something I can do. If the IT company won't give you the login then ask for them to remove the listing from their account. If they won't do that then you'll have to go through the "Request access" steps listed on this page: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

Once that listing has become unverified, either by the IT company releasing it or a successful request access attempt, you can ask Google My Business support to mark it as moved.

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok thank you.

I am trying to request ownership now. If they do not allow me ownership and will not remove the listing, what else can we do?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

If the current owner denies or doesn't respond to the request after 7 days support should be able to help you from there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok I guess we wait.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just an FYI... they never responded I guess because they are still the owner of the listing. Is there anything else we can do at this point?

Re: GMB Info Does Not Match GMaps - Address

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Bob M

No response from the previous owner is better than them deny the request at least.

When you filled out the ownership request form did you receive a confirmation email from Google? It should have a link in it to contact support.

If not, you can request a call from support (when available) by filling out this form.

You can also contact support from within your Google My Business dashboard if you click on the three horizontal line menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select "Support". A menu will then drop down on the right side of the screen and there will be options listed under "Contact Us".