My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

GETTING VERFIED HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying to get my business verified for nearly HALF A YEAR at this point. I have requested numerous postcards, I have sent a scanned copy of my business license, I have wasted hours on the phone, I have sent countless emails, I have jumped through all the hoops that Google My Business has set up - and so far, it feels like they are just totally useless.

1) It would be helpful if the person/s I spoke to on the phone did not have such a thick accent. It seems like every time I call, I am speaking to someone who is clearly foreign, and their accent makes it very difficult for me to understand what they are saying.

2) The people on the phone do not have the power to verify businesses. They just keep telling me to request more postcards, which has not worked so far. They also will not transfer you to anyone who can verify businesses. So, what use are they? None, as far as I can tell.

3) Postcards are either not being sent or they do not arrive. I must have requested at least ten by now. No dice.

4) Despite being told I could verify my business by sending a copy of my business license (which, you know, has my address on it and is a government document that should have some meaning)... still nothing.

Please get your [censored] together, Google My Business. I am [censored]ing frustrated beyond belief at this point. Somehow, you have made what should be an easy process incredibly difficult, and I have wasted many hours on phone, email, and trying to find answers.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GETTING VERFIED HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I've had a lot better luck with Google support on twitter. I've gotten conflicting and sometimes even bad advice on the phone before too... I'm afraid I don't have a quick fix for you exactly, but if it's been more than 2 weeks since the last postcard you requested, hit up twitter and see if that goes more smoothly. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
adding to what James said already I will hint on a possible reason:

It ofteh happen not getting the PIN sent if the used address isn't a valid
geocoded address.

Can you please provide here the address as you specified it in your
dashboard.
It also would helpful to get the URL of the page after you clicked "MANAGE
LOCATION" for the page in question on your dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please use the phone verification, they will call you on the number listed for your business and give you a code to use on your biz page. That worked for me and it was easy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
After sending more emails, I was finally verified as of June 6. Thanks to those for your input!