My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

G+/yt CustomURL vs brand-page

[ Edited ]
R V
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
R V
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Sir/Madam,

I accepted the URL offered http://google.com/+CustomURL to our company by Google, but it has been applied only to our brand-page instead of both our Google+ and YouTube channel unfortunately.

I have a personal-google-plus-page, and I am the only manager of both my local-business-page and brand-page, what else can I do, because I honestly am completely lost in the endlessly opening windows while browsing google-pages whenever I click something.

Yours faithfully,

RV

Re: G+/yt CustomURL vs brand-page

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI R V: is your YouTube channel connected to your Brand Page? If it is, it should be reachable using the custom URL:

Page: plus.google.com/+CustomURL

YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/CustomURL

If it is not, could you share your current Page URL and YouTube channel URL?

R V
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
R V
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your message Peggy K.

No I think my YouTube-channel is not connected to my brand-page, I just went to my brand-page, then I went to YouTube and from there a setting link brought me back to my business-page (instead of my brand-page as I had expected if it was connected to my brand-page).

Well just clarify:
Page: plus.google.com/+CustomURL (YES, this works and goes to my brand-page)
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/CustomURL (NO, this results in a 'channel does not exist' message)

Unfortunately I prefer not to publish any links here, assuming it's a general question?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author R V
December 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Without knowing the actual URLs I can't give you any specific suggestions. It sounds like your YouTube channel is not connected to the Google+ Page that has the custom URL.

You can move your YouTube channel to that Page, as long as you are signed in as the Owner of both the channel's current Google+ Page and the destination Google+ Page.

Here are instructions for doing that:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3056283

Your YouTube channel takes on the custom URL from the linked Google+ identity.

What will move: videos, playlists, subscriptions, subscribers

What won't move: any old Google+-based comments or PMs (after November 2013)

R V
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
R V
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you again for your message Peggy K. I accepted it as the solution, I moved my channel to the branding-page now (which has the CustomURL) and it seems to work finally, thank you for your reply.

Kindly regards, RV