My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Former business is showing on the Google map at my location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all-

I just verified my business and was excited to see if my company would pop up when I searched "Life Coach denver" or even "counseling denver"... regardless- my business didn't come up on the Google map, or in the Google search. Can anyone shine a little light on what I need to do? Did I miss something?

Thanks!

Hilary

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Former business is showing on the Google map at my location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Hilary,
Ranking well could take a while but your subject states a former business is showing at your location.
Is that your exact address? If that other business no longer exist at the location you should report it as permamently closed through Google Maps.
This help article explains how to do it.
https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094088

If you would like advice form the contributors about your listing, please provide its name and full address.
Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Hilary,
Ranking well could take a while but your subject states a former business is showing at your location.
Is that your exact address? If that other business no longer exist at the location you should report it as permamently closed through Google Maps.
This help article explains how to do it.
https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094088

If you would like advice form the contributors about your listing, please provide its name and full address.
Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi-
Thanks for your reply. I actually was not writing about what was stated in the subject line (not sure how that subject got in there).

I was curious why my business is not showing up when I google it and it's not showing on the google map. Do you have any ideas how I can be on both?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Hilary

First off, your name is against naming guidelines >> https://plus.google.com/101855044011217232348/about

It should just be Kineo Life, without added descriptors

As to Life coach denver : I do not see life coach in your business description or websites home page, which makes it quite difficult for Google to figure out.

Given the competition ( counselor denver ) you would need to work on building your sites brand, authority and trust.

To give you a starting point : https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Boost-your-Local-SEO-amp-Business-Visibility-in-S...

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Did you use the Radius setting ?

I suggest just setting Denver specifically.  Given the competition, using a serviced address, makes it difficult for Google to return more localised results

BTY I did find you appearing.

screencapture 108.png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim, Thank you so much for helping me. I changed my name and added Life Coach to the description on Google as well as on my home page of my website. I did change my radius to be 50 miles outside of Denver. I guess it was hard for me to determine since I coach over the phone as well as in person. Reading through your SEO info was helpful- although it's not a language I know very well. I'll have to keep doing research. I love the tips though- keep any coming if you think of any! Best, Hilary -- *Hilary Maxwell MA, LPC* *Kineo Life* *Setting Lives in Motion* kineolife.com 585.866.1728 * I exist to inspire people by visualizing a better future and initiating action resulting in growth. * *Growth: improvement, shaping, flourishing *