Forcing home based service businesses to post address
We are a small electrical contractor that serves the metropolitan area out of a home. We do not want customers visiting our home. We go to ALL of our customers. Why should we be required to include an address, when we have no physical address or storefront. It even has an exclusion for our situation spelled out in that we go to all our customers at their locations.
I want my account unsuspended without adding my home my home address and inviting customers coming to my home only to be disappointed.
10721 Tanbark Dr.
Indianapolis, IN 46235
Re: Forcing home based service businesses to post address
Hi @John K
I see a verified listing for your business here: https://goo.gl/maps/5DbfmYm8nzL2
Here are the steps to set your listing as a service-area business, which will hide the full address on the live listing:
Add and edit a service area
To edit your service area details:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Make sure you're using card view. If you're viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon on the right side above your locations.
- Choose the listing you'd like to manage and click Manage location.
- Click Info at the top of the page.
- Click the Address section.
- In the window that appears, select Yes next to "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their locations."
- Enter your service area information. You can set your service area based on the zip codes or cities that you serve, or on a given area around your location.
- Select the box next to "I serve customers at my business address" if you want your complete address to appear on Google and your business location is staffed and able to receive customers during its stated hours. (You will want to leave this box unchecked since you don't serve customers there.)
- Click Apply.
Please refer to this article for more info.
TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.