My Business
6.9K members online now
6.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Flagging Inappropriate review not effective

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

We've got an inappropriate review on our clients Google Business Page. The review is not by an actual customer of Chris Albanese. (My Client).

Reviewer: Karl Holzenthal

Google Business Page: https://goo.gl/maps/RGJ5jbosy5K2

We have flagged it multiple times and have had I believe to be over a month with no result. Could someone please direct me to how to fix this? I haven't been able to find any emails or phone numbers to contact Google.

-Thankyou

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Flagging a review that violates guidelines doesn't necessarily mean it will be taken down. 

For someone reviewing the flagged review, the content of the review itself must adequately demonstrate that the review is in violation of the guidelines. If the content of the review doesn't make that obvious, it is unlikely the review will be removed, since Google prefers to leave reviews up if it can't make a judgement based on its content. 

Though, humans make mistakes, so if you get multiple people from different account to flag it, you may get lucky.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Also note that it isn't a requirement that reviews be from a customer. The reviewer needs to have direct contact with the business in question. That seems to be the case with Karl. While he wasn't a customer, he does describe a valid encounter with your client. 

While one could argue the review is fabricated, it is hard to argue, based on the text of this review, it violates any guideline. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Joel!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cameron, I'm wondering if the review you talked about was finally removed? We run a space and some competitors just write some fake review about us. We flagged it but nothing happened. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

No we actually received a message from Google stating that it didn't qualify to be removed. I was able to reach them by tweeting to them!

Re: Flagging Inappropriate review not effective

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have the same problem, review written by someone that has never been my client. Seems impossible to fix it

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am having the same issue.  We have a review that has been posted about working with our company from someone who has never worked in our company in it's 27 years of existence.  I have flagged this review, but fear it will not be taken down.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem. A disgruntled customer wrote a bad review that contained false information and also had her son write one that was false. There is a note from Google under the review that says it can be removed but doesn't say how. As with your other clients flagging hasn't helped and I can't find a phone number for you.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Bridget J & @Handleys R - please refer to the explanation - Google has a bias to leave reviews up if they can't find any evidence in the text of the review that it doesn't represent their actual experience with the business in question.