My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Finding My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello , we opened an Auto Repair Shop back in June 2016. I have created a google business account and had verified about 2 weekes after we opened. We used to be able to search using "auto repair shops near me" and out business used to come up. I tried it today and our name is not showing up, however when we search the name it does. I find it very inconvenient for potential customers when they search for auto repair shops in the area to find us. Our rating is 4.8 therefore is not a rating porblem nor verification. Please advise how to solve this problem. The name of the shop is GR Performance Auto Service located in 425 Route 79 Morganville NJ 07751, phone: 7329847202

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Finding My Business

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You are a new business and it takes time for Google to trust you, understand more about you and rank you. 

That being said you are missing many of the things that Google is looking for to better understand how to assess you. 

For example you do not have a website or if you do it is not associated with your Google My Business listing. If you don't have a website, you should build one. If you do you should respond here so we can help get your website associated with your Google listing. Google uses a website as a primary proxy for your business. A Facebook page is not enough. You really need a website even it its only 3 or 4 pages. 

The second thing you should is get your business listed at the sites that Google looks at to know that you are in fact in business. These are called citations and you have very few (also see this search). You can do these one at a time by yourself or goto a site like Moz and paid to get submitted. 

You can look at this report and this search on a competitor to get an idea of what they have done and to see how much information Google has to draw from. 

In addition you might consider joining the Better Business Bureau. Google puts a great deal of stock in them and they look very favorably on that. 

You should also think about getting reviews beyond Google at places like Yelp, YP.com and others. 

There is more that you can do but the above should keep you busy for a couple of months. When you have this done, stop back and we can make more suggestions