My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Finding My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a real estate agent.  My web domain and all sites (google+, facebook, etc) are all pointed to or named "Jeremy Robertson Real Estate".  I had used Yodle before, and have since terminated my contract with them.  I am trying to understand how to ensure I have "claimed" or verified my business.  In truth, I just want to be able to type in the business name and make sure the website, phone number, email, business information is accurate in the right hand side when it displays.  Also, aside from my company office, I work from home.  I don't really want my home address displayed, is there a workaround?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Finding My Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jeremy,

Have you created a Google Maps listing for your business yet? If not, then you can start here: business.google.com to create your listing.

This will start the process of getting your business online.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Looks like you have a verified page - https://plus.google.com/112218448126095771003/about
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Colan - I get a 404 error for that page?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I received the 404 error for that page as well. However, the Google+ page that I have is set to: https://www.google.com/+Jeremyrobertsonrealestate

Maybe I'm not understanding and not communicating correctly. So, I have that page, when I go to the "Google My Business page, it shows up as a branded page. Is that why I can't put it on a map? I guess I might be spinning wheels, but I just need/want to know that I have done everything I can with my google+ page and my website to ensure people can find me.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
That's correct. Brand pages are not connected to Google Maps. That page is now 404'd for me too. Odd.

I would follow Priya's advice.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky