My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Finally got listed on Google, but still having problem on web search

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Olympic Heating & Air

1540 Wellington Street, Oakland, CA 94602

(510)967-1796

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/117389236521498373377/117389236521498373377/about/p/pub

Hi,

After a few months of having problems being verified and other related issues, my business is finally searchable on google. However, there remains one issue and this is the reason I signed up with Google my business in the first place. There is a local website www.nextdoor.com where neighbors often recommend business'. Their search is powered by google and is still unable to find my business. I have contacted google support as well as Nextdoor support and both cannot help or do not know the reason. Attached are photos describing what is happening. The dropdown box is linked to google search but only finds business' with same name in other states, but not mine.

Capture.JPG

https://glenviewtoo.nextdoor.com/favorites/?is=sidebar

I have several neighbors who have wanted to recommend me but they cannot find me on a search on Nextdoor.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Finally got listed on Google, but still having problem on web search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
since your GMB Business is SAB wirh a 40 miles radius and hidden address it can't crawled for your address.
Why on earth should " www.nextdoor.com" know where your door is?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Im sorry, what is SAB? My address is not hidden, at least I don't think it is. As I said, the search drop down box for business' is powered by google. As the picture shows, a search for my business does not show me and I don't know why. I can be found on google search but not on Nextdoor. The search on Nextdoor will find business' with same name thousands of miles from me, but not my own
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

An SAB is a service area business... basically one that visits customers at their location, and doesn't accept drop-in visits on location during business hours. Your address shows as 'hidden' unless you check 'I also serve customers at my business address'. Currently, your address is hidden. I don't think that's your issue though, a lot of businesses need to have a hidden address, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I don't know next door well enough to know what's going on, but Moz Local couldn't find you either, which is a little strange. When did you create and verify your listing? Like a few days ago? It can take a little while for them to 'see' that your listing exists now, though if it's been a week or two, that's a little more troubling. I know the last thing you want to do as a service provider is spend time doing fiddly stuff on the internet, but your business is mentioned almost nowhere online. You could potentially help tip the scales in your favor by hitting a few of the other important directories for HVAC companies. Here's a good list to go off of:
https://moz.com/learn/local/citations-by-category#HomeServices
(the home services section)

To keep a second eye on things and see if/when you start showing, here's moz's search. They almost always know about every verified Google listing out there, so the fact that you don't show up there either makes me think you just got verified in the last few days, and need to give it a few, though again, getting your business mentioned in a few more places will definitely help. 
https://moz.com/local/search

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Got verified about a month ago