My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Featured Google Reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

edited 10-10-2016

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Featured Google Reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Joshua S

Googles stance on reviews is this:

Google doesn't get involved when merchants and customers disagree about facts, since there's no reliable way to discern who's right about a particular customer experience.

And looking at the review, plus the fact that you have flagged it, I don't think it will be removed.

As for the fact that the snippet is being used in the KP, is a pain. I don't know why they do it, but they do.

I had a similar instance, but they split the 1 review into 3 bad snippets. Even as a Top Contributor I could not get it removed as they are algorithmic.

It took around 8 months to work itself out of the Knowledge Panel.

Keep asking clients for reviews.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Featured Google Reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

edited 10-10-2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Joshua S

• Conflict of interest: Reviews are most valuable when they're honest and unbiased. If you own or work at a place, please don’t review your own business or employer. Don’t offer or accept money, products or services to write reviews for a business or to write negative reviews about a competitor. If you're a business owner, don't set up review stations or kiosks at your place of business just to ask for reviews written at your place of business..

https://support.google.com/business/answer/2622994

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Featured Google Reviews

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Joshua,

See new Little "Is this Helpful" icon below some of the other reviews?  Think it through...

Also with a negative review, hopefully you posted a Reply.

Also if all your other reviews are relatively new, their is an algorithmic weight to the total amount and the newness of reviews.   Power though it by getting more reviews from real satisfied customers that leave more then just a sentence...

I am sure others will chime in, just giving you some tips without giving away the farm :)

Featured Google Reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

edited 10-10-2016

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hey @Joshua S

I agree with you. I think Reviews is the biggest problem area / let down of business pages.

However if you have flagged and it has not been removed, I don't think it will.

Featured Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK the negative review was changed by the user.  

Now, do I need to contact Google my business support so they remove the KP snippet as it is no longer accurate, or will this take a day or two to fall off?  If a Google admin or support person could respond here in this thread it would be greatly appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Googlebot will need to re-crawl the business page and review page in question, once crawled and indexed, the KP should reflect the change.

Featured Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tim,

Is there a way to initiate the re-crawl?  Using the webmaster tools submit URL page perhaps?  Also what URL should I submit?

Joshua