My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Featured Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How does google determine what reviews to be featured on the search results? We have some pretty good reviews, but google seems to focus on the negative ones. Can we change this someway?

Reviews.JPG

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Samantha S
June 2016

Re: Featured Google Reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Samantha S

Yes it is unfortunate and they do tend to seemingly focus on negative ones, even split negative reviews into what looks like 3 reviews but in fact 1.

There fall back answer for this, is that its algorithmic and the users account trust. So a users google account may have a higher trust value then say another user that just created an account to leave a review.

The other frustrating part of this, is that the algo seems to visit very infrequently to update these, so you may be looking at a few months of these being displayed.

Keep asking happy customers to leave reviews and it will eventually display better ones.

Sorry this was not the answer you were looking for, but it has been the source of massive frustration to users over the years.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership