My Business
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Feature Request hours of operation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Business is Catrina's Garden LLC 1387 County Road NN Marathon WI 54447 715-443-2793.

First please forgive me for not starting a new thread first instead of replying to another persons thread.  I thought that if they were following their question that they may be alerted to the fact that their question could potentially be answered.  I appreciate your quick response to my post on the other thread.  For those that didn't read the other thread.  I and another person have asked (Feature Request!!!) that a choice for "Hours of Operation" be added for those of us that are "Open by Appointment".  The answer to the first person that asked this was "this is not possible" and the answer me was that "Google has good reasons for not adding this".  There are millions of businesses that are open only by appointment.  Respectfully, I would be interested in knowing what these "good reasons" are.

Thank You,

Catrina

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Catrina M
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Report the photo as inappropriate and if it is not removed contact support.

To contact Support:
1- log into your Google my business dashboard http://www.google.com/mybusiness
2- select support from upper left hamburger menu
3- a help screen will appear to the right
4- scroll down to contact us
5- choose most appropriate contact method for you (some are not always available)

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Catrina M

This is a volunteer forum so anyone not from Google would be speculating on the reasons. 

My speculation would be as follows

1- Google Maps Business Listing feature is about places that users can visit and or call directly during when they search and find a listing. In most "open by appointment" situations the former isn't the case. 

2- Google wants to provide users a positive experience. If they didn't see the open by appointment and they drove there by mistake, it wouldn't be.

3-While they may at some point create the programming to make this a choice, knowing all of the work that needs to be done and the types of things that are being done, it would be a low priority

4- It may seem like there are millions of businesses open by appointment... that number seems overstated. We know that currently currently has about 16.8 million local business location their database with regular hours that are reachable during business hours. While the total number is in dispute this approximates estimates I have read... meaning there couldn't be millions of businesses with an appointment only model.

So whether it is an issue of scale or an issue of priority we have no idea. 

But this (and any other answer you received) is speculation. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your answers regarding reasons for not offering this feature. True the number of business that are open by appointment would be speculation, but in any case I believe there are a lot of them.  I don't know if Google would seriously consider this or not, but I just wanted to put it out there.  You answer #2 is precisely why I would like to list that I am open by appointment.  I don't want anyone to drive out and then be disappointed.  I am primarily an online business so I don't have regular business hours but I am available by phone nearly all the time.  Not having regular business hours at the physical location does not necessarily mean that the business is not a serious business.

My intention is not to complain here, it is to help improve google for myself and for others.  I do my own website and others so I know what it takes to change things.  It may not be as difficult as suggested.  There is already a check box for "open 24 hours".  Personally I don't believe that it would be very difficult to add another check box for "open by appointment".

Mike makes a good point that this forum is made up of volunteers rather than google employees.  Does anyone know how I would make this request to the correct people that would actually be able to make a decision about it?

Thanks for your consideration of this.

Catrina

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

ask D.Trump to make a tweed about this FR LOL

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Google is well aware of the request as it has been mentioned often over the years. And we have forwarded the request to Google. 

Google is what Google does. At this point they don't support the feature. Who knows why. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Don't get me wrong I do appreciate volunteers that try to help people, but I guess I'm just finding this whole thing somewhat annoying. 

There seems to be no way that a person can actually contact google.  Only you guys.  If you know a way please let me now.  It should only take a few minuets to set this up but I have been messing around with this all week.

I get an email for each non answer, then I get emails that keep telling me to update my hours of operation, and complete my listing.

I should probably start a new thread about this, but I also have a very ugly dark blurry picture that I think someone took by sticking a camera out the window as they rode by at 60 miles an hour.  It appears to be of the woods or the ground from the road.  I have asked to have it removed and have posted a better picture of what my business looks like from the road, but it is still there.  It looks bad.  I would rather have nothing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh, I forgot, I also get emails saying that I should say that this is resolved....sorry, not resolved.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

To contact Support:
5- choose most appropriate contact method for you (some are not always available)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Catrina M
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

To contact Support:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks,

Very helpful.