My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

False Reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm so sick of false reviews and absolutely no support from Google!! We are so reliant on Google for small business reference and when the majority of your business's reviews are from idiots that have no reason to leave a review to begin with, much less a negative one, it's more than frustrating. It's harmful to the business we depend on for our livelihood. Where's the professionalism and support, Google?!? And then you want to jam these ads down our throats and expect us to pay exorbant amounts of money for nonsense that surely doesn't help our rating. Give me a break!! You won't get another dime from me if I can help it. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=ellebelle+photography&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari&dlnr=...

False Reviews

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is up to Google and the person reviewing the flagged content to discern if it is infringing on the Google Review guidelines. Therefore flagging a review doesn't mean it will be taken down right away or ever. Google tends to try and stay out of conflicts like these and leans toward keeping reviews live that doesn't have concrete infringing content. It is very difficult to prove that the reviews are false and therefore much harder to remove than other reviews infringing on Google's review guidelines. You know they weren't a customer, but Google doesn't.

I would suggest trying to flag them as spam and to respond to them in a careful and factual way. Looking at some of your responses, I can tell you are frustrated with what is being posted. Recognize that this is likely what they are looking for. I would suggest replying to them that you believe them to be false reviews and that they are not accurate representations of your business.

Have you tried contacting @GoogleMyBiz about this situation? I understand you are also frustrated with Google, but they may be able to help you.