My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

False Review on My Business Page

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

My name is Justin Ridgeway and I am the owner of JC Lock & Key in Madison, AL.  I need to get some assistance with a fake rating on my business page.  The rating was given by "Gabrie Gonzales" on May 9th and I have no record of any work performed for any customer under that name.  Their Google profile is blank and my business is the only rating given in their history.  I know that a lot of scam Locksmith companies across the country have tried to do this to lower ratings of real businesses and I am positive that this is a fake when compared to every review I have, which are all 5 stars.  I work alone and ALWAYS give my customer's the best service so I would like some help with this, please? My number is 256-724-1053.  My Google+ business page is at:

https://plus.google.com/b/106184739104155883206/+JCLocksMadison/posts?gmbpt=true&pageId=106184739104...

I have also flagged the review as inappropriate, but wanted to cover it here as well if someone could help.

Thank you,

Justin Ridgeway

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JC R
May 2016

Re: False Review on My Business Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @JC R

I think that may be difficult to remove, as they do not have a google+ account and they never wrote anything.

Try business support

https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Apologies for not being able to provide much help, as a US business you guys don't have any real options from "fake" reviews published anywhere online.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JC R
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @JC R

I think that may be difficult to remove, as they do not have a google+ account and they never wrote anything.

Try business support

https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Apologies for not being able to provide much help, as a US business you guys don't have any real options from "fake" reviews published anywhere online.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
So my options are non existent and I will not be able to protect my business from false ratings aimed at simply hurting my reputation on Google? Well, that's not good to know. Great, thanks a lot.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Try business support, if you convince, them that you never had a customer under that name they may pull it.

Yep, its pretty lousy the protections a US based business has. 

PS: I don't work for Google, we are volunteers, save the anger for business support.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Ha! I understand that. Thanks again. :)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

JCR Google does not verify reviewers properly. I am collecting info on any small businesses as I can find hurt by these practices and will be submitting them to an attorney for hopefully a class action lawsuit. Its an uphill battle because Google is a monster of a company. Please join the fight!

Please email me at <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy. Community Guidelines may be referenced via the link toward the bottom right of most pages in the the Community.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Have fun with that. I'm not wasting my time with your "lawsuit".