My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Fake review (it's killing my business)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I hear it over and over...There are fake reviews on my Google listing but nothing can be done. It has happened to me as well. I own Protege Pools in Az and we are very small but strive for great reviews. Our company has the very best customer relationships and we work so hard to keep a great reputation! Well,  I received a fake / bad review on my Google listing and after this review was posted, our potential customer average took a bit of a huge 90% drop! No new customers! I can prove that this is a fake review. It is either a competitor or they listed it under the wrong company. I had Google call me back, I reported it and flagged it, I tried to communicate with the man who wrote it...And NOTHING ALWAYS NOTHING! Google is a great way to get new customers and share information about our company but it can hurt as much as it helps. Does anyone know anything that can be done. I never had this man as a custom. Every customer is in our QB system and we are so small that I know all our customers. Plus, he is located far outside of our service area. He also started in his review that we took advance payment for the job he says we did. We would never take money in advance. I have 4 employees and they are my brothers and my husband. All of know that we never did service for this man (Mark Jones) . Even his name seems fake . Can anyone lead me in the right direction? What can I do? Please help. 

Fake ReviewFake Review

Business: Protege Pool Services 

6827 W. Cherry Hills Dr.

Peoria, Az 85345

#623-202-9391 or #623-200-7245

Owner: Sandra Holguin

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandra H
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone had an luck getting a fake review removed? I so, please explain how. I have poof that this man was never a customer of ours! He is way outside of our service area, we have never had this name in our customer list, we don't take advance payment as he states, we never cashed a check with his name, we don't do this type of service he claims was completed! 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have seen this before, most likely some other local company trying to get in on your market, Have a look at his other reviews, are they all negative too ? dose he have any others ? It could just be an overnight account that was started to leave some fake reviews. This happened to me too. After many months, emails, I was able to get the review removed.But I was lucky. You will need to get all the information on the person and keep trying to get Google to respond. It was the same for me, A fake review from a person with 3 other bad reviews all in the same day , then no reviews ever again. And the person never used our service , same as you. Keep going you may just get it removed, But its a long painful waiting game, with no easy way to get it removed. The forums are your best bet, so you are in the right place. Try sending a message to the Top contributors, they know how to reach Google. Maybe they can help,seems like they are the gateway. I'm still waiting a few weeks for a response? 

If all else fails go out and buy lotto ticket, The odds are better .lol