AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Fake google reviews-Help Please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed one of the business in my are have 250 reviews, when i checked on some of the users that submitted it, I noticed there is only one review.  I know reviews were easier before but this guy has amassed 250 bull reviews, how do I report to google??

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Fake google reviews-Help Please

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Instructions for flagging an inappropriate review are here:
https://support.google.com/business/answer/4596773?hl=en

Google's a little loose on their review stuff though, so you'll want to keep an eye on it to see if anything changes after flagging the ones that look fake, especially if it could be that they just have a whole bunch of non-tech savy customers that they've encouraged to leave reviews... it might be that you've misjudged the situation after all. 

You can always post the account itself here and see what happens too. If the company really is making the effort to fake 250 reviews, there might be other guideline violations they're making that'll be easier to enforce. 

At the end of the day though, reviews are just one ranking signal, and not a giant one either. Or at least, I've seen getting an 'average' flow of reviews have a good bump if they haven't had any, but going from 'average' up to 'a ton' seems to have a lot less of a benefit. If you take the effort to get a slow and stead flow of reviews coming in from your customers, you'll find that this competitor's 'advantage' doesn't actually give them much extra benefit beyond what an ordinary business owner with a decent review gathering system would get for themselves. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Instructions for flagging an inappropriate review are here:
https://support.google.com/business/answer/4596773?hl=en

Google's a little loose on their review stuff though, so you'll want to keep an eye on it to see if anything changes after flagging the ones that look fake, especially if it could be that they just have a whole bunch of non-tech savy customers that they've encouraged to leave reviews... it might be that you've misjudged the situation after all. 

You can always post the account itself here and see what happens too. If the company really is making the effort to fake 250 reviews, there might be other guideline violations they're making that'll be easier to enforce. 

At the end of the day though, reviews are just one ranking signal, and not a giant one either. Or at least, I've seen getting an 'average' flow of reviews have a good bump if they haven't had any, but going from 'average' up to 'a ton' seems to have a lot less of a benefit. If you take the effort to get a slow and stead flow of reviews coming in from your customers, you'll find that this competitor's 'advantage' doesn't actually give them much extra benefit beyond what an ordinary business owner with a decent review gathering system would get for themselves. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Greetings
this review is the first google review for my business - Ensler Lighting - I do lamp repairs, sell lampshades, and sell vintage household lightingl
"Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough. We were brave enough. It was great. "
This is not a review of my business - can it please be reviewed

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
have you flagged it as inappropriate already?

Fake google reviews-Help Please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have received a review on my G+ business page. This is a former employee who wrote the review. He used the same name to write a review on another company and actually showed it to me when he did it.This mans nephew still works here and when he saw the name on the review he told me that his other uncles name was used to write the review.Yet for some reason Google does not consider this terms for removing the review when it is clearly fake. I am at my wits end and don't know what to do.I have flagged it for removal and have been denied. This is hurting me ! Please help