AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Fake Negative Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How long does it take to get a reply to this? There is a person on our Google Business Listing Page who goes by the name of "Stephanie Rogers". There is no one who has ever entered our database system by that name and it is impossible for us to do business with someone who has not entered our database. The policy of Google is that reviewers...

• Don't impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.

I have just flagged this as inappropriate under this aspect of the policy. How long does it take for Google to research, review and reply to this?

And in response to other complaints on "Fake Negative Reviews" that I have found here...YES, disgruntled employees WILL create fake negative reviews to hurt a company's reputation as well as disgruntled clients. They will create multiple accounts to post multiple negative reviews. This a practice known as "sock puppets" used in the online book selling space quite frequently.