My Business
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Fake Google Rep Calling and asking for money

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I am unsure who to contact but here is the situation I am in.

My Father who runs a restaurant has been contacted several times by someone stating they are from google and they need money to continually advertise for his restaurant. They wanted $1500 for their services. My dad has ignored these calls but today he received a call and the person on the other line stated that "Google" has marked his business permanently closed and negative reviews has been put up because "Google" can not advertise for him anymore. 

After my father  getting the call he was really concerned and called me. I checked and indeed that person had changed the status to closed and possibly put up some negative reviews. I was wondering if there is someone that I can reach to discuss the situation because I believe this person is targeting a lot of Business  and trying to scam them into giving up money and threatening to give bad reviews along with "closing" google places. 

I would hope someone at google can look up the account that reported it closed and can see what other business' the con artist is trying to scam from. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Fake Google Rep Calling and asking for money

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tony

Does your father own the business listing (manage it from his GMB dashboard)? If so, it is harder for these sort of random edits to get approved. 

Also, this article may provide you some answers to your questions: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6212928?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086

If you'd like any further assistance we will need the following information:

1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog