My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Face book business page not appearing in search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business Facebook page does not appear in the Google search. It does appear to be indexed based on previous help with this question. When you type in "ks handmade" it does not appear. I changed the name of my business from "Matties's Craft Room" to "ks handmade". Mattie's is still appears in the search but not our Facebook page with the new name. Please help. I do most of my business off facebook and need it to be searchable.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Face book business page not appearing in search

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

While it doesn't appear for "KS Handmade" it appears for me when I search on ks handmade dothan. That implies that the FB page does not have enough prominence to show for the less explicit "KS Handmade". Google thinks that a user is more likely looking for the similarly named: KS Handmade Kreations  which is more prominent in Google's eyes.

To get your page showing rather than the similarly named one would require you to get your FB page more visibility on Google by getting it links from your site and from others websites that might link to you.

Another way to do that would be use a service like Moz.con/local that would disseminate your new business name, your web URL and your FB URL to the many directories that are on the web. 

Simultaneously you could go out on the web and change the name of your old business to the new one so that the old one is no longer as visible. While doing so be sure to add your Facebook page URL to the listings.