My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Error message- Enter an address and marker that specify the same place.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am helping a client set up a Google business account and keep getting the error "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place." The address and location on the map are correct, but we are in a small town and do occasionally have trouble with current addresses showing up on google maps. Could that be my problem, and if so, how do i fix it?

im trying to post a screenshot but am getting this error message

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jen C
August 2016

Re: Error message- Enter an address and marker that specify the same place.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

sorry @MargaretO for chiming in.

But from the screenshot  @Jen C provided thanks fully I see a huge discrepancy.

Jen provided the address with ZIP 59716.

But Google knows the same address with ZIP "59720" 

Searching in GMaps for "66 Mountain Loop Rd Big Sky, MT" gives this result:

Screenshot 2016-08-15 at 23.25.37.png

I do not know the area in question very well and it could well be a mistake on GMaps end.

But in this case I recoomend to report this plain addressinf issue to  and through GMaps 

To do this apply a search for "66 Mountain Loop Rd Big Sky, MT USA"  and  as soon getting the result click bottom the map "send Feedback"

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jen

Post the image onto a 3rd party imaging service such as screencast or a public dropbox link and then pop the link in here.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I keep getting the error "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place." The address and location on the map are correct, but we are in a small town and do occasionally have trouble with current addresses showing up on google maps. Could that be my problem, and if so, how do i fix it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jen C
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

sorry @MargaretO for chiming in.

But from the screenshot  @Jen C provided thanks fully I see a huge discrepancy.

Jen provided the address with ZIP 59716.

But Google knows the same address with ZIP "59720" 

Searching in GMaps for "66 Mountain Loop Rd Big Sky, MT" gives this result:

Screenshot 2016-08-15 at 23.25.37.png

I do not know the area in question very well and it could well be a mistake on GMaps end.

But in this case I recoomend to report this plain addressinf issue to  and through GMaps 

To do this apply a search for "66 Mountain Loop Rd Big Sky, MT USA"  and  as soon getting the result click bottom the map "send Feedback"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Helmut!

You are absolutely correct, this location indicated in Google Maps is wrong. I am seeing the correct location coming up a second time as "Moonlight Basin & Club", with the correcy adddress in Big Sky, at the location I've indicated in the link below, The business I am attempting to verify (moonlight tavern) is located at this same address, in the same building

We have a very confusing situation here in big sky in that we are very rural, and our addresses have changed recently and tend to come up incorrectly in Google Maps. ANy advice or help on resolving this is appreciated!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Moonlight+Basin+%26+Club/@45.2979709,-111.4209035,16.56z/data=!4m1...

I have a second business outlet owned by the same company that i am trying to verify, that has a similar problem. it is Lone Mountain Land Company, coming up as 123 Snowy Mountain Circle, Gallatin Gateway, MT 59730. This is actually located in Big Sky, MT, 59716, but since the address is incorrect, i cannot use the mail verification process because that letter will not come to me at that address, and there is no other option to verify. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kl4czev95hp2nw/123smc.JPG?dl=0

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
again

My suggestion is to report the ZIP discrepancy for your address through
MMaps and over there "send feedback"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, i missed that last comment of yours in your original response. i have submitted feedback for both listings. thanks!!