My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Erroneous email stating that my business is permanently closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business: 

Enterprise Asphalt Paving, Inc.

16 Wels lane East Setauket 11733

Problem:

I recently received an email from googlemybusiness-noreply@google.com stating that my business is permanently closed, see attached picture. My business is not closed and it is also verified. Additionally, when I look up the business on Google or go into the "Google My Business" page, I do not see anything that says the business is permanently closed, so I am very confused by this email. How do I find out what this email is referring to? Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 3.25.42 PM.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Have you gone into the listing and updated and confirmed the information. Some on may have done an edit that you need to correct. View the listing in your Dashboard and you may see an indication of what happened. It may be looking for confirmation or correction of what someone else did.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

actually the listing isn't anymore marked as closed:

https://goo.gl/maps/sVm7wSpvMoJ2

Perhaps the advise given by @David W Cox helped @Alan S to fix it?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Alan I took a look at the link that Helmut posted and what may be happening is you do not have an address listed on your listing or your website. You fit the definition of a service area company and someone or google maps may have reacted to not finding the business since it does not have a pin on the map. When a visitor or competitor goes to the page and sees "Setauket- East Setauket, NY" as the address they can then go to the "suggest an edit" section and change it. So keep an eye on it or change it to your actual address of the business. Alan, have you done edits it would be interesting to see if that fixed it?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I am listed as a service area business. I went back to the account and saw that I do have my real address listed but when the radial button for service area business is checked it just reads out the towns that the business services. East Setauket is just first on the list. I submitted the information to google from this page and it says they will review it. Hopefully if there really is a problem, who ever reviews it can bring it to my attention. I'm not really even sure how I'll know if the problem is fixed. Hopefully I wont get any more of the same type of emails.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Make sure to take a look at it in two weeks and monitor it from there.