AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Editing address but it's not updating

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been having an issue with the address not updating for a couple of months now. I have "edited" it multiple times over the past few months but it never saves. I verified it is the correct address with USPS.

https://plus.google.com/113525414042325694107/about?gmbpt=true&_ga=1.92763549.1298883013.1448854365

And the correct address should be:
B&G WINDOW FASHIONS
1060 KNIGHTS TRAIL RD STE 6
NORTH VENICE FL 34275

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Editing address but it's not updating

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I don't believe this is anyhow an GoogleMyBusiness issue.

Its a GMaps or MapMaker issue and to solve on MapMaker or GMaps only.

To give you the proof apply a plain address search for "1060 KNIGHTS TRAIL RD STE 6
NORTH VENICE FL 34275" with GMaps or with MapMaker.
In either case you wont get a address marker result but several results matching somehow the search query "1060 KNIGHTS TRAIL RD STE 6
NORTH VENICE FL 34275"

To compare this with an other online mapping service (bing.com)
They understand "1060 KNIGHTS TRAIL RD STE 6
NORTH VENICE FL 34275" and show it at the same location as GMaps shows your address at "1060 Knights Trail Rd Suite 6 Nokomis, FL 34275" but they also show it differently as "1060 Knights Trail Rd, Venice, FL 34275, United States"

Therefore my recommandationto fix at first the missing address element in GMpas.
You also should seek more help about this address issue in the GMaps Help forum:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/maps

Good luck

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I don't believe this is anyhow an GoogleMyBusiness issue.

Its a GMaps or MapMaker issue and to solve on MapMaker or GMaps only.

To give you the proof apply a plain address search for "1060 KNIGHTS TRAIL RD STE 6
NORTH VENICE FL 34275" with GMaps or with MapMaker.
In either case you wont get a address marker result but several results matching somehow the search query "1060 KNIGHTS TRAIL RD STE 6
NORTH VENICE FL 34275"

To compare this with an other online mapping service (bing.com)
They understand "1060 KNIGHTS TRAIL RD STE 6
NORTH VENICE FL 34275" and show it at the same location as GMaps shows your address at "1060 Knights Trail Rd Suite 6 Nokomis, FL 34275" but they also show it differently as "1060 Knights Trail Rd, Venice, FL 34275, United States"

Therefore my recommandationto fix at first the missing address element in GMpas.
You also should seek more help about this address issue in the GMaps Help forum:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/maps

Good luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the reply. I have tried editing it in Maps as well and have gotten the following email a couple of times but the changes do not take effect:

Thank you
Since you're verified through Google My Business, your edit to B&G Window Fashions will be published soon. Thanks for keeping your business up to date on Google Maps.
Check the status of your edit using Google My Business. You can use Google My Business any time to make more edits, add photos, see insights, and connect with your customers.

So, I've tried updating in G+ as well as in GMaps but neither are working.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The message you quoted doesn't refer to my recommendation to deal this as a Maps error.

The message tells you reported a GoogleMyBusiness errror and this isn't such

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The quoted text I posted above is from an email from Google Maps. I received this email after I edited the address while in Google Maps.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Andrew G

what have been your error report on GMaps?

You seem mentioned your business.

I instead recommended you to report a plain addressing issue for your street address
"1060 KNIGHTS TRAIL RD STE 6 NORTH VENICE FL 34275" with GMaps

As you now can see if searching for this address "1060 KNIGHTS TRAIL RD STE 6 NORTH VENICE FL 34275" you don't even get an address result at all but a list of several businesses listed somehow matching the search query

Screenshot 2016-03-02 at 10.07.47.png

BTW the same happens if searching the plain street address
"1060 KNIGHTS TRAIL RD STE 6 NORTH VENICE FL 34275"

with MapMaker

Again: GMaps doesn't know properly  your plain street address and this is the error to report to GMaps or to discuss with the folks in the GMaps Help Forum I linked earlier in this thread.

Editing address but it's not updating

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue with trying to update our business hours. They keep reverting back to the old hours and I cannot find a way to fix this. Google does not make it easy.