My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Editing URL for a custom experience

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I know the GMB generates a generic URL for each page. Is there a way to create a custom URL for each of the 560 pages we have? That way we know which is which without having to log in and find it?

Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer, Cellular Sales

here is 1 example: Can I edit this to include location specifics like Harrodsburg Road- Lexington-KY

And if I do does it appease the webcrawler to help enhance the page ranking or likability for google?

https://plus.google.com/101498935553645803312/about?hl=en&gl=us

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Editing URL for a custom experience

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jay W

I'm not aware such an option as I can imagine being useful for companies like yours.

Please use the feedback option on GMB to send them a Feature Request.

But I have an additional  remark (having forgotten to mention while answering your other thread about the reviews in the new G+ look)

All you pages specified with the name "Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer, Cellular Sales" are violating Googles business guidelines regarding the naming rules.

While "Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer" seems ok according their rules the name "Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer, Cellular Sales" doesn't!

", Cellular Sales" is to consider as a descriptor and as such is not allowed at all.

See more in support.google.com/business/answer/3038177 scrolling down to  "Business information" and "Name"

Re: Editing URL for a custom experience

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Cellular Sales is our company name but Verizon brands us as "Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer- Cellular Sales"
There are a plethora of other retailers, and most of them use something similar to Verizon Wireless Cellular Sales or Verizon Wireless Retailer - Cellular Sales

Verizon tabs us as "Verizon Wireless Authorized/Premium Retailer- Cellular Sales" 

All of our store signage, branding standards, advertisements have to list Verizon Wireless and Cellular sales.

helmut logo.JPGhelmut 2.JPG

Is this hurting our search? because no one from Google has said anything about it.