1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Editing Happy Hour times

Jen
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Jen
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First let me say I love being able to edit "special hours" especially with the holiday season coming up.... but while looking at the business information for one of my clients, I noticed something I had not seen before "Happy hours". I don't recall putting this in and some of the times were incorrect.... But for the life of me I can't find where to edit this.

I'm sure I'm just missing something simple, but can anyone point me in the right direction? 

google happy hour.jpg

Screenshot of what it looks like when doing a google search and clicking on the location and opening up "see more hours"

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted

Editing Happy Hour times

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I have not seen these before so prior to escalating let me ask a few questions:

1- would be able to share the business name and link where you are seeing?

2- I assume that this is a Pack result screen shot?

3- Are these businesses on a bulk feed?

4 - is Happy Hour being shared elsewhere like Yext or some other data aggregator like 4Square, locu or single platform?

5- Are these hours possibly listed somewhere on the client website?

Re: Editing Happy Hour times

Jen
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Jen
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

google hh1.jpggoogle hh2.jpgI'm sorry I don't know what a Pack result is and they are not on a bulk feed. I have not entered any happy hour times on any other format. (Previous people may have but I have never noticed this before and have been with them for over a year)

This was me, doing a simple google search for the company (Vineyard Wine Company) and when the box on the right pops up with the company's information, and you click on "See more hours" (I was confirming the special hours for this week were showing) it was there. Attached a few more pics.

The company is Vineyard Wine Company in Lake Mary, Florida

Editing Happy Hour times

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

A pack result simply refers to the 3 listings that show on a broad search... thanks for the example. I am investigating now where they are coming from. Will let you know what I find

Editing Happy Hour times

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Please let me know the correct happy hours and I will see if google can fix

Editing Happy Hour times

Jen
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Jen
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Happy Hour is 11-7 Tuesday and 3-7 Wednesday-Friday.

Thank you again. 

If you find the "how" please do let me know though so I can use this feature for other clients?

Editing Happy Hour times

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Sorry for the delay in this but Google took Christmas off and just got back to me.

1- This is a new feature so there isn't an interface yet in the Google My Business Dashboard

2- As such there is no formal pathway to fix this problem yet. They are looking at your issue and will be discussing the best way to solve this when it happens. And let us know. 

3- They suggested that you put Happy Hours in a clear block below your regular hours on your website as that is their primary resource. Ideally in schema format but if not in a clear way below your current regular hours. Perhaps putting regular and happy hours in the header of every page.  

4- Your website hours are hard to interpret on the home page http://www.thevineyardwinecompany.com as you don't show closing hours.

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday-Saturday -  11:00am
Sunday - 10:30am

And the only Happy Hours I found were on your Calendar page http://www.thevineyardwinecompany.com/1/Calendar.aspx where Tuesday's were in the Calendar and the others were at the bottom.

5- Ideally any place you show hours you show both regular and happy hours in an easy to read format.

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday-Saturday -  11:00am to 11 PM
Sunday - 10:30am to 11 PM

Happy Hours

Tuesday 11am-7pm

Wednesday - Friday 3 PM - 7 PM

6 Even better would be to show each day separately for both regular and happy hours and format in schema. 

7 I get that its sort of crazy that Google would need you to change your website to understand your hours but ...... 

8 One of the main thing that users of your site want to see are hours... they should be more easily accessible on both desktop and mobile & way above the fold on every page. An example of how to do that would be a site like http://barbaraoliverandco.com where they make it super easy for users to see hours, driving directions and phone and they can be easily clicked and acted upon. This site also has their hours in JSON LD schema format (hidden from the user) but visible to Google in a very structure way so that Google makes no mistake. 

9 As soon as Google gets back to me I will let you know more. 

Re: Editing Happy Hour times

Jen
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Jen
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your input. We are looking at revamping the website (I
currently do not have control over this) and they do not have set
closing hours as they stay open later depending on customer demand.

I have input the hours via Google+/my business but had never entered
happy hour times.

As of this time, I am not able to make changes to the website until I
have more control (I am the social media manager) however will suggest
this as google pulls from that for information for when/if there is a
revamp.

Please do let me know if/when Google has a way to correct/edit.

I do agree that Google should not pull information that is not
editable and hope that suggestion bounces back to them.

Thank you again and I look forward to any updates as you get them.

Jen

Happy New Year!

Editing Happy Hour times

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same exact problem.  It clearly states our operating hours on our web site, but Google has an additional set of "happy hours" which are not correct.  I have reached out to Google with no results...  Just do not know what to do...

Editing Happy Hour times

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Gregory M can you share your business name and website URL?

Experts in the Topic
Mike Blumenthal