My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicated business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business shows up as two locations on google maps. When you do a google search it shows up the listing that was generic created by google. To show up the one I created, it need to be typed the full name of business.
I reported to google few times in the past year(s) but the extra listing still up and I now have reviews on the listing too.

Few days ago, google send me an email saying that the photos on that page reached a good number of viewers and I ask if I want to be a local guide. I don't see any advantage for me to do that (or maybe there is but I don't know). All I want now is that both listing are merged, so I don't loose the reviews we work so hard to earn. Please can you give me any advice on this!

Business name: Dominical Waverider Surf Camp
Address: Playa Dominical beach front, at Tortilla Flats Puntarenas, Dominical 11901
Phone: 506-8311-8950
Google+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102055572984427806885/+Dominicalwaverider

- Verified business:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dominical+Waverider+Surf+Camp/@9.2530825,-83.8650343,17z/data=!4m5...

- Not verified business:
I did tried to claim this business and verify this one (did not happened), but later on I delete the Google+ page that was created. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dominical+Waverider/@9.2530825,-83.8650343,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0...

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Duplicated business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

since both listings have the same website and phone number and almost the same name I reported the unverified one as a  unwanted duplicate.

It should be sorted out in the next 24 hours.

Let me know it happens as predicted by me

Duplicated business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem. I created one with the correct location but when I search, it doesn't show up with other studios in the area. I'm just starting out so I only have one review on the correct site nd none on the other. 

laarts.net LA ARTS STUDIO with one review is the keeper!

Duplicated business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for your help, the listing (not verified) got removed. 

Unfortunately they I lost the reviews, but I am very very happy now people will see only one business and not be confused. 

Thank you!!!

Duplicated business

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Glad to help @Dominical W

Regarding lost reviews:

read and apply "Create a link for customers to write reviews

Share the created link with your customers asking them to review your buisness