AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Unverified Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name Moore OBGYN Greenbelt
2. Current business address 7525 Greenway Center Dr #216, Greenbelt, MD 20770
3. Current telephone number 301-669-1870
4. Google+ URL https://plus.google.com/+MooreOBGYNGreenbelt/

Hi there we have an unverified listing which is blocking the listing we claimed and want to use, Any advice? Images attached Thanks!

The One We Worked On.pngUnclaimed.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael T
June 2016

Re: Duplicate Unverified Listing

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Michael

I'm sorry but Meghan's advice is slightly incorrect here - claiming the 2nd listing will just cause some further issues by having duplicate pages claimed in the same dashboard.

Please do not claim the second listing - simply contact GMB support (via the link Meghan provided) and ask them to merge the unverified page with the verified one.

Also, please note that your verifed page name breaks Google guidelines by having a descriptor in it (Greenbelt) - I recommend removing that to avoid search penalties down the track.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Michael T,

You'll want to request a call back from Google support who can remove the duplicate listing from search results.

Best regards,

Meghan

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael T
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Michael

I'm sorry but Meghan's advice is slightly incorrect here - claiming the 2nd listing will just cause some further issues by having duplicate pages claimed in the same dashboard.

Please do not claim the second listing - simply contact GMB support (via the link Meghan provided) and ask them to merge the unverified page with the verified one.

Also, please note that your verifed page name breaks Google guidelines by having a descriptor in it (Greenbelt) - I recommend removing that to avoid search penalties down the track.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @PriyaC,

Thank you for correction, I trust your advice over the direction we were given by the individual support agent recently. We actually just had this for a client of our own and the Google support agent explained that we had to have control over both listings, before they could be merged. Reflecting on the specific situation, I think the duplicate listing was held by another owner which is why they likely advised that we had to have ownership. Sorry for the misinformation. I'll be updating my above response as to not confuse anyone.

Thanks,

Meghan

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Meghan

No worries - sadly support can get it wrong at times.