My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. I do marketing for some local businesses and one of my clients with a restaurant shows two listings for the restaurant when one does the search, "Indian Restaurants in Salt Lake City" (see attached). Each listing shows the same location but has different photos, reviews, etc. The restaurant moved several months ago and it appears, based on the number of reviews showing for each listing, that one listing is the one that existed for their old location (lots of reviews but the address now reflects the new address) and one that is a new listing (same new address but fewer reviews). I am able to login and manage the Google Business account for the older listing but neither I or my client have the login for the newer listing. I do see, however, that there is a "Own this business?" link on the new listing which makes me think it isn't associated with any Google Business account. Should I just claim this listing under a unique email address (Google account) and then remove that listing? If I do that, do I risk in any way negatively affecting the original listing? I suppose there is no way to combine the listings so as to combine the reviews, but if there is I'd love to know how. Anyway, thanks in advance for any advise!

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 5.01.39 PM.png

Re: Duplicate Listing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Bill R

Have you tried reaching out to GMB support? (see below)

I'd also recommend reading Helmut's advice about claiming the listing in this forum thread.

help-my-business.png

Other methods of contact:

Facebook: http://facebook.com/googlemybusiness

You can contact them by sending a message or posting on their page.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GoogleMyBiz

You can contact them by tweeting to them or sending a direct message.

Duplicate Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for this, @Mark W. Somehow I had missed that particular post of Helmut's, although the link he gives to the page for contacting Google Business doesn't provide any kind of phone number, email or call-back option. I did look under the Support option on the menu while in Google Business but regardless of where I clicked I couldn't find anything about how to contact Google; nonetheless, the social media contact links for Google Business are very helpful. I will try that route. I'll also keep this thread open so I can report on the solution I get from Google Business. 

Duplicate Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've had luck claiming duplicate listings before and having them merged by requested help from GMB support. You should claim the duplicate listing with the account that has your main listing to facilitate getting the two pages merged. If you need to you can request ownership of the page and try to contact the current owner if possible.

Duplicate Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, @Matt C. I'll proceed with getting the duplicate listing claimed and then try to get in touch with GMB support. Outside of sending a direct message via Twitter or Facebook, is there any other way you know of to get in touch with someone at GMB? I see nothing on the GMB page (Support link or otherwise) that provides an option to get in contact.