4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Listing

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor
Hi - I'm trying to unravel a client's GMB "situation" when we log in to his account we see three listings - all of which are identical.... and all have been suspended for quality issues. I suspect one of the issues is having three listings. When I search for the company on Google the infobox appears and I can click on the "I am the business owner" link - and I have verified the ownership (which had not been done before it appears). There are a number of reviews on this page and when I click through to the ownership page I am again confronted by the suspension message. Ideally, my first step would be to simply delete two of the listings, but I don't know which two to pick. My concerns is that I might somehow delete the listing to which the reviews are linked.... is there a way to know which of the three is the "lead" listing - or the one that Google has been using by default - or are they all more or less equal and deleting any two will leave one which will simply pick up ownership of all the assets? It's all very confusing ;-)
2 Expert replyverified_user

Duplicate Listing

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Can you provide G Maps links for all 3? It's help with determining what you should do.

Highlighted

Duplicate Listing

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I don't have access right now - am in the process of setting up admin/manager access for my google id - but they all appear to be the same... the addresses are identical.

Duplicate Listing

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Are all 3 claimed in one account? Can you provide links for the 3 listings? Need more info in order to help.

Re: Duplicate Listing

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

OK - here's what I did.... I logged in to Google using my client's credentials - then I ran a search for the company which pulled up the info box... and from there I clicked on the "I own this business" and got into the GMB account. Then I added myself as another user with owner status. Once I had done this one of the location listings then had a little icon with two users... so I figured that was the one that was correctly linked. When I logged out and then back in with my own credentials this was the only location I could see. So I then logged in as my client again and removed the duplicates one by one - and let me tell you Google _ that's a scary process because at one point it suddenly goes "OK - that's it, we've removed everything and you can't get it back.... "..... after a quick bathroom break I went back and found that this had removed one of the dupe listings, so repeated the process a couple more times and now have just the one location listed... but the account is still suspended for quality issues. What should be my next step? I added the opening hours - but there's not that much more to add.

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 18.39.39.png

Duplicate Listing

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Can you provide the G Maps links for all 3 locations please?

Duplicate Listing

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Steve,

It sounds like you are really close to having everything corrected. Please use this information to submit a reinstatement request to the GMB team. 

If you need any help after that, please do let us know... and I will be happy to assist. 

Kind Regards,

James