My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Google My Business accounts

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have inadvertently created two different My Business accounts with two different Google + pages attached to them.   Each has certain assets attached to them eg one has the YouTube channel attached to it and the AdWords account, but the other is the listing that comes up in a Google search for our business.

I am thinking that the best result would be taking ownership of everything by the account that has the listing, then deleting the other account.  Does that sound sensible?  How is that done?  I haven't had much luck with phone backs or any email support.  Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Russell

What I'd do is transfer the YouTube ownership from GMB account 1 to GMB account 2 (the one where the local listing is showing)

Once that is done, then I'd delete the local listing from GMB account 1 and then add GMB account 1 as an owner to the local listing in GMB account 2. 

Then finally, remove GMB account 2 as an owner and everything will be in order!

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Priya.  I have attempted to do that now, I have transferred the AdWords account over successfully but hitting some snags with the YouTube ownership only. Thanks for your reply and consideration!