My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Address/Resolve address errors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been tasked with resolving a duplicate address/resolve address error on our Google business page.  In the recent past, all doctors associated with the clinic would show up under a Google search; however, now only a couple of doctors' names appear.  This distresses the doctors who are not named on the Google search.  How do I remedy this situation of having many doctors at one clinic, list under the map on our Google search results page?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Duplicate Address/Resolve address errors

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

read this atricle Guidelines for representing your business on Google . and over there the chapters below the headline "Chains, departments, and individual practitioners"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I'll read through it and give it a try.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Melissa P

I can't give any specifics without knowing what searches you're putting in and which doctor's you're not seeing that should be there, but your problem made me think of an article Joy wrote about a month ago:
https://moz.com/blog/what-brands-need-know-about-googles-filter

If there's a bunch of practitioners at one location, even if the user is doing a branded search (typing in the name of the business) it's still fairly likely that Google will filter out results. Not all of the advice in the article will be helpful, since all the doctors are at the same location (so the advice on zip codes and sub neighborhoods isn't relevant) but at least the advice to make the individual doctor's landing pages more unique, and potentially do some extra promoting to the individual doctor's pages instead of just the practice as a whole might help. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Have you created dedicated pages for each physician on the site? If yes, I recommend adding the unique URL to the physician's Google listing (instead of adding the homepage link). The physician's dedicated page should include the address, opening hours, any social profile links that belong to the physician, a good description etc. Adding structured data to each physician's pages could be helpful too.