My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Displaying the incorrect information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, when I search for "Michael Pisanchyn" my business listing appears in the right, which is great. The only issue is it doesn't appear with "Pisanchyn Law Firm" (the business name), it instead shows "Pisanchyn Michael J, MD" which even this isn't terrible but I am not an MD, I'm an attorney. I cannot edit this in my business dashboard and when I try to suggest an edit to change the name the field then displays Pisanchyn Law Firm. (See attached screenshots) How do I get the MD removed?Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 5.48.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-16 at 6.09.38 PM.png

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Re: Displaying the incorrect information

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@michael p

and sorry @PriyaC & @MosheTLV for chiming in here

I have had a hard time to understand the discrepancy between Michaels "MD" related results and what I or Moshe or Priya got instead

But I finally achieved to replicate the bloody "MD result" from me German end - see below;:

Screenshot 2017-01-19 at 13.31.36.png

you should be able to get this same result if googling for "pisanchyn michael J MD near scranton PA"

I have no idea how or why Google shows this result since at the address "524 Spruce St, Scranton, PA 18503, USA" there is just one GMB listing called "Pisanchyn Law Firm" as per this GMaps URL https://goo.gl/maps/v9b7bzuhpbL2

Its likely the reason why using "Suggest an edit" will not help.

I have at the moment no idea how to fix it by either of us.

Guessing its Googles task.

Will escalate it to our Communication manager 

Lets see what she thinks about: 

for my own (and TC's)  reference only:

google create obviously a wrong knowledge graph

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Are you sure you are trying to edit  the name using Google my Business  owner  interface?  (Dashboard). It seems that you are editing using Google maps.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @michael p and @MosheTLV

It looks like the change has taken effect now as the listing shows the Law Firm details: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Pisanchyn+Law+Firm/@41.407446,-75.662963,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x...

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @PriyaC and @MosheTLV, thanks for the input. It is still listing my name as MD. Again, I am not an MD.

I cannot edit this in My Business dashboard, all 3 of my listings have Pisanchyn Law Firm. The business listing is, Pisanchyn Law Firm. The only time it doesnt display at Pisanchyn Law Firm is when you search "Michael Pisanchyn." I like that it shows up when you search my name but again, I'm not an MD. Here is the search I do. Example

Replying to a thread won't allow me to add a screenshot.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@michael p

and sorry @PriyaC & @MosheTLV for chiming in here

I have had a hard time to understand the discrepancy between Michaels "MD" related results and what I or Moshe or Priya got instead

But I finally achieved to replicate the bloody "MD result" from me German end - see below;:

Screenshot 2017-01-19 at 13.31.36.png

you should be able to get this same result if googling for "pisanchyn michael J MD near scranton PA"

I have no idea how or why Google shows this result since at the address "524 Spruce St, Scranton, PA 18503, USA" there is just one GMB listing called "Pisanchyn Law Firm" as per this GMaps URL https://goo.gl/maps/v9b7bzuhpbL2

Its likely the reason why using "Suggest an edit" will not help.

I have at the moment no idea how to fix it by either of us.

Guessing its Googles task.

Will escalate it to our Communication manager 

Lets see what she thinks about: 

for my own (and TC's)  reference only:

google create obviously a wrong knowledge graph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Helmut Geissler

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

they are "on it" @Michael P

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just did a search and it appears the issue has been resolved! Thank you again for your help. @Helmut Geissler