My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Displaying the incorrect information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

The company I am working for has recently moved locations, the postcode provided by the post office (UK) is not correct, we often have distributors and couriers come to this location and therefore I would like this info to be correct. GMB seems to be changing my postcode and despite trying to manually change it back I can not get it to display correctly. I am trying to use the postcode which works with GPS on the listing and can't seem to get my edit approved. 

Does anyone have an insight into how to get this resolved? I missed a call from GMB last week and was told they would call back in the next few hours but never heard back.

Thanks,

Corey

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

unfortunately your information are not very helpful to help you as you missed providing any concrete details about the GMB listing in questtion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

Thanks for the reply. 

Essentially when our new operations were built we were assigned a postcode (BT66 8TP), although this postcode if entered to a GPS will not take you to our address, it will take you to a random field in the countryside (This is an issue with the post office, and their designation of postcodes). I have therefore added the address, with the postcode that will take you to the correct place on Google Maps and via satnav; although, despite having submitted this address GMB does not seem to be accepting this change of address, as whilst on my GMB page it lists the postcode as BT66 6QF (as I would like it to universally) when I click view in maps, or view in search it still displays as the first postcode.

I am unsure why, whilst I have changed and saved the correct information it reverses back and does not still seem to be pending approval. 

This could entirely be a newbie mistake, although I'm not entirely sure what the issue is or how to resolve it.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

the only two contrete items in your above post are two UK post codes (belonging each to Craigavon) 

Can't you specifiy bit more about what GoogleMyBusiness listing you are talking?

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. GoogleMaps Link or GoogleSearch link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut, 

Sorry about the rather cryptic first two messages, I was trying to keep the post as anonymous as possible whilst still being able to amend the issues aforementioned although it seems like this isn't possible. Please find below all the requested info. 

1) Radius Plastics 

2) Halfpenny Valley Industrial Estate, Parkview Street, Portadown Road, Lurgan, Co. Armagh, BT66 8TP (GPS Address = BT66 8QF).
3) +44 (0)28 344 6060

4) https://www.google.com/maps/place/Radius+Plastics/@54.460778,-6.3619597,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s...

https://www.google.com/search?ludocid=614474963453807818&q=Radius%20Plastics%20Halfpenny%20Valley%20...

Please note, the pointer on the map is accurate, it is just the postcode I'm hoping to change. If you type both those postcodes into maps you'll notice that the preferred one is much closer to the pointer than the other, this has in the past caused issues with suppliers and clients finding out business for deliveries etc.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Maybe its an plain simple addressing (or UK post code) error  for the specific location rather any mistake while creating the listing.

Why?
Applying a rightclick on the roof of building on GMaps and asking "what's here" I get neither BT66 8TP nor BT66 8QF as your UK PO code but  BT66 8QG instead.

But again said this could be an general error  regarding BT66 8QF on GMaps.

I noticed other mapping providers like Bing.com showing the same business "Radius Plastics" with post code BT66 8QF but also and confusing telling its address would rather differently be "BT66 8TP" 

So I need to ask a fellow TC from the UK about this postcode chaos.

I hope he would be better able to help.

@Tim Capper can you please take a closer look onto this UK postcode chaos as the listing of @Corey R  seems affected 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again Helmut, 

Our next door neighbour has also put the address BT66 8TP on GMaps, but the "What's here" gives the postcode BT66 8QG for me too. Hopefully someone from the UK can give an insight on this. I'm still confused as to why it will not approve of the postcode as BT66 8QF.

Re: Displaying the incorrect information

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Corey R 

Checking the royal mails post code checker, the correct post code is BT66 8TP.

http://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

So in this case it seems that Googles post code of BT66 8QF is incorrect.

I have no idea how to correct Googles postcode, do you know @Helmut Geissler? I guess we would need a UK Maps TC ?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Thanks so much @Tim Capper

Unfortunately there are no specific TCs for the UK 

But I'm myself a TC for the English GMaps forum.

I meanwhile was using the feedback optionof GMaps sending to Google this message:

"The search result for the UK postcode "BT66 8QF" is very incorrect. According UK Postcode finder http://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode it should be in fact "BT66 8TP" Please fix it as soon as possible"

Will also try to escalate it to the GMaps CM - lets see how long Google needs to correct this obvious mapping error for the matter  regarding the two UK postcodes.

link to my escalation (for my own and Maps TCs reference only).

Re: Displaying the incorrect information

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Thanks @Helmut Geissler

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership