My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Displaying my Business Listing On the Right of SERPS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have two questions regarding how Google My Business is displayed in SERPS

My business is located in Knowle, Solihull, UK and is called Brown and Cooper or Brown & Cooper (not sure if the ampersand makes a difference) When I search for Brown and Cooper the google business account is not displayed on the right. However if I search for brownandcooper it does. How do I get it to display on the right for "Brown and Cooper" I just changed the business name to Brown & Cooper to se if that makes a difference as the title of the homepage is Brown & Cooper to see if that made a difference!

My second question is that I have set the business to have the primary category as "Marketing Agency". When I search for Marketing Agency on Maps it doesn't show my business in the area?

I set this Google+ Account up around 10 months ago.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Displaying my Business Listing On the Right of SERPS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Stephen G 

I'm aware of the fact my below information is not yet a solution for your issue - but it might help other TCs o Googlers (and you of course) understanding the background of the issue.

at first I can replicate getting you on a search for brownandcooper. and not getting you on a name search (Brown & Cooper) for your business (btw regardless of adding the location info of your town or not)

But I also get your old location if searching for Brown and Cooper.

Getting then the permantely closed business location at 1711 High St, Knowle, Solihull B93 0LN, United Kingdom.

Please answer me the following: when did you (and how) change the business name from Brown and Cooper to Brown & Cooper?

Have you  change it through your dashboard?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Please read this article http://localu.org/blog/local-knowledge-panel-doesnt-show-google-can/ and see if it answers your questions. Let us know

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

Thanks for your reply. The old business that was setup around the corner, we never had the login details so I had to get it removed. I was on the phone to someone at Google for ages and she said that she could not just remove the old business but it would go after 6 months...it still hasn't disappeared :( I just changed the name today from Brown and Cooper to Brown & Cooper.

Thanks again

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

changing the name just today might be to recently done.

Lets wait at least two weeks

And regarding the old address:

From now just do nothings with it and the lady you spoke with from Google wasn't right about the six month (according my knowledge)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

Thanks, it's been way over 6 months now though (I'd say 10 or 11) :(

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I have seen pages marked as closed since three years!
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Stephen

In addition to the great advice already given by Mike and Helmut I'd also suggest a couple of things to give Google more trust in your business:
1. Embed the Google Map from your Google+ Page in your Contact page rather than using one you generated yourself. Details here on how to do that: http://goo.gl/qWlQxP
2. Clean up your citations - whilst searching for " Brown and Cooper Knowle" I got results for this address: 6 Wilsons Road, Knowle on the first page of the SERPs, as well as results for your current address.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog