My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Difficulty correcting address postcard verification not an option

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently the street address for my small computer repair business is incorrect.  I have repeatedly contacted google to attempt to correct the address and all I get back is phone calls from a company called egumball, which may or may not be subcontracted to handle these map edits - I certainly haven't been able to find any sign that they are related to google maps address fixes or verification anywhere on an official Google page.   So why would I trust them with any info?

I cannot recieve mail at my business, only at my home, and if I requested postcard verification it would just go to the old address anyway, where there is nobody to receive it. Mine is a just a small business in a small town, but being listed on google correctly does help and I hear from people who got lost and went to my old address all the time.  This is inconvenient!

I understand that google needs to handle a lot of volume, but I can't take action on this without knowing that I am actually dealing with an authorized representative.

I could use some help actually getting this edit through.  I don't actually care about being able to manage the data on google my business.  I just want my shop address to be correct and google maps' accuracy to increase by one tiny amount.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Difficulty correcting address postcard verification not an option

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Keith,

Can you please share the URL of the listing.

Thank you,

Grace

Re: Difficulty correcting address postcard verification not an option

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

adding to what @Grace  requested from @Keith C

beside of the URL I think wee need this:

Please include the following with your question (for both locations):
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number