My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Difficulties with Brand vs Location Pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Difficulties with Brand vs Location Pages

1. I have a brand page for a company called +LigneStBarth.  This business has two locations, one in Germany and one in the French Antilles.  How can I add a second location to my existing brand page?
2. Can Location Pages be merged with Brand pages or must they be managed separately?
3. Can one brand page have multiple locations (i.e. for a network of satellite offices for instance)?

The objective is to have one page with multiple locations listed so I don't have to login and manage and post for separate pages even if they are all part of the same brand.

Any clarification would be appreciated.
Thanks

Andrew

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Difficulties with Brand vs Location Pages

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Andrew,

I assume this is the page you are talking about: https://plus.google.com/+lignestbarth/about

If so, this is not a brand page, Brand pages do not allow you to list an address. What you have here is a local page. To add your second location, you will need to create a second local page in Google My Business. To answer your second question, you will be unable to have two locations under one page. The answer for question 3 is that as far as I am aware this is not possible.

There are tools available such as hootsuite that allow you to manage posts across several social media platforms without having to post on each one individually.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Andrew,

I assume this is the page you are talking about: https://plus.google.com/+lignestbarth/about

If so, this is not a brand page, Brand pages do not allow you to list an address. What you have here is a local page. To add your second location, you will need to create a second local page in Google My Business. To answer your second question, you will be unable to have two locations under one page. The answer for question 3 is that as far as I am aware this is not possible.

There are tools available such as hootsuite that allow you to manage posts across several social media platforms without having to post on each one individually.

I hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks very much Ryan for the prompt reply. Can I reclassify the page as a "Brand" page? That would be more appropriate to our needs. Thanks, Andrew -- *Andrew Forson **Director, Education & Training | Tel: **+1 305 677-9388* AForson@SCI1st.com *|* AForson@IHTInstitute.com *| *AForson@SBHBusiness.com *_________________________________________________________________* *London **| **Miami **| **St. Barth **| **St. Maarten | Malaga*

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
To be honest Andrew I am not totally sure about that. I know you can change a merge a brand page into a local page but I'm not sure if it works the same for the other way around. I'm sure one of the top contributors will help out shortly.

Sorry I couldn't help

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Nope @Andrew F and adding to what  @Ryan S already aaid

There is no option to "reclassify" a verified local page (as plus.google.com/+lignestbarth is one) to a brand page.
Not even in case you would delete it from your dashboard you will get rid of a local page for the address "Helene-Wessel-Bogen 11 80939 München‎"

But you can create a new brand page through business.google.com/create - selecting "Marke" (or "Brand")

Gruss von einem "Saupreiß"