My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Difference between Google My Business and Google Analytics metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

I have a question about the Google My Business metrics. What's the difference between those metrics and Google Analytics metrics of my site? I mean, they give me totally different numbers: for instance, number of sessions in a month. Someone told me that G. My Business only tracks those visitors that come from Google Maps, Google Search and Mobile Maps. But doesn't Analytics track those too? If these metrics are included in some dimension inside Analytics, which one is it? What's the difference between both metrics regarding their source?

I hope my concern is not too confusing.

I'll appreciate any reply on this as soon as possible. Thanks!!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Difference between Google My Business and Google Analytics metrics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Patricia B

Yes, GMB metrics are from within maps and the business page in general, images, posts, interactions ( tel number or directions ) etc

Your analytics cannot provide metrics on your business page because you cant add tracking code to a business page or to Maps displays.

Hopefully at some point they will figure out a way to provide more insight into tracking maps / knowledge panel display and interactions. It would be nice to see, what search term someone used and clicked through to website for example.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership