My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Deleting an Unused/Out of Date Brand Account Page When You Aren't The Primary Owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am hoping you can assist me with an issue I am having. The primary owner of the Google+ page left my company 2 years ago and we have been trying to delete this page as it hasn't been used in two year. I tracked down my predecessor about a year ago to give me access but he only did so as a manager, not an owner. Is there a way to gain rights as an owner to the page so I can permanently delete it?

Happy to verify that I am an employee of the company on the brand page in any way I can.

Information is as follows:

McGraw Hill Financial (Currently known as S&P Global)
55 Water Street, New York NY 10014
212-438-0166
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/106550220077985750509/106550220077985750509 

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance!

Best,
Andrew

Deleting an Unused/Out of Date Brand Account Page When You Aren't The Primary Owner

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The best way to be to submit an ownership transfer request of this listing. You can reverify the profile which would then make you become the owner of the page. From there, you can delete it from your account.

Please note that because you delete the page from your account or remove yourself as an admin of the page, this does not necessarily remove it from Google Maps. It will most likely still appear for people to leave reviews, upload their own photos and receive the contact information for your business.

Also, just from taking a quick glance at the page, it seems like there is a lot of great content that gives your page a great SEO foundation. I'd advise not deleting this so you can continue to keep the content and just refresh it with new and updated material. However, if you wish to proceed, just know that by deleting or reclaiming the page, you risk losing all the posts made by this page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Justin,

Thank you very much for the prompt response. Where would I go to submit an ownership transfer request?

Best,