My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Delete Google Map Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear community,

until some weeks ago our business didn't have any google maps listing. But now someone made a listing, which we don't own or made. So far we didn't claim the listing, because I wanted to delete the listing from google maps as Option A.

Does anyone know how to delete a not claimed listing from google maps?

Option B is that we claim the listing and varify it.

Greetings

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick D
August 2016

Re: Delete Google Map Listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Patrick

Why would you not want to claim the listing? If you are not eligible for a local listing (because you're an online business for example) then you can contact GMB support (https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#) and ask them to delete the listing as it was created in error.

But if you are a local business then claiming the listing gives you control over the photos; contact details; business hours and provides opportunity to respond to reviews. Definitely a good situation to be in I think!

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Delete Google Map Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hallo PryiaC,

thank you for the quick reply.

We are only an online service and do not have a local store. Therefore it was created by mistake and we want to delete it. I already contacted the GMB support.

But I think about creating a brand page for our compay.

Do you know where I can check if our google+ page is already a brand page?

Greetings