My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Delete Duplicate unused google+ brand page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For some reason I have 3 Google+ pages under my business name.  I only use one of them.  How do I delete the duplicate pages without deleting my business account all together?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Delete Duplicate unused google+ brand page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Judy M

Go into the pages setting, at the bottom of page >> delete.

It gives you a list of quite scary warnings, but you are in fact only deleting that page.

Make sure you are in the right page that you are deleting.

Old Images, but same process ( I must Update )

http://onlineownership.com/multiple-google-pages-appearing-dashboard/

Tim Capper
Google My Business Top Contributor (UK) and SEO consultant at Online Ownership

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Judy M
March 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
:) it was those 'quite scary warnings' that intimidated me! It uses the word Account as opposed to Page when I got to the final delete. Thank you, that worked perfectly. No more confusion. Thank you for the link, it explained it perfectly.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Brilliant :)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Him Tim,

Not sure if this is the place but I noticed you did help Judy greatly I hoped you could help me also.

We accidentally have 2 brand accounts for a while. One of the accounts we are really using but the other one not. To avoid confusion I wanted to delete the brand account we are not using.

Unfortunately my colleague, who is (according to google plus) the primary owner of the brand account which should be deleted, does not see this brand account to manage.

What should we do?

Thank you for your reply.

Best Jeroen 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Jeroen B

That does not quite make sense.

If he can see he is the primary owner of the Page, then he must be in that Page's admin, so it has to be in the account.

Because of the change yesterday with brand pages, you cant view in the Google My Business Dashboard you have to view in the Brand Page Dashboard.

If it is in the account, it will be in the dashboard. If not in the dashboard, then it is in another account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,

I am in a similar situation to Judy. My company has two brand account under the same name. One of the brand accounts is connected to our verified Google My Business listing. The Google+ page for this account has very few followers, whereas our other Google+ page has a lot of followers, and ideally we want to keep this page. Is there a way for us to delete the Google+ page/Brand account associated with the verified listing without it getting delete or unverified? 

I tried to follow the steps you provided but did not see an option for deleting the page in settings. The account I am using to access the verified listing is a Manager, not an Owner. Is this the reason I do not have the option to Delete?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Yes you have to be the Owner to delete