My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Delete Duplicate unused google+ brand page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone please assist with how I delete a duplicate brand page in Google +... concern is if I go and delete the page it deletes below from the left hand side?

Thanks so much!  :)

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Marissa_GMB (Community Manager)
April 2017

Delete Duplicate unused google+ brand page

Community Manager
# 11
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Quick update, Google My Business no longer supports G+ pages.

You can learn more in our most recent update: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/News_and_Updates/threa...

If you have questions about your G+ page, check out the G+ Community

Thanks!
Marissa

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter

View solution in original post

Re: Delete Duplicate unused google+ brand page

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Delete the brand Google+ page by following the instructions at https://support.google.com/business/answer/4569146. You need to access the brand Google+ page as its owner.

I am not entirely sure what you mean by it deletes below from the left hand side. Could you elaborate?

By your own statement, the brand Google+ page in question is a duplicate and unused, so I doubt it will have negative repercussions, but it depends on what you're worried about.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, I have the same problem of duplicate google+ brand pages. However when I go to the instructions given, I don't find the 3 dot menu. Could you help please?

Instructions I have that don't work:
--------------------

To remove a location:

In your list view, select the locations you want to remove.
In the top right corner of the page, click the three dot menu (??).

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This is an old thread, so the referenced document seems to have changed.

If you have a brand Google+ page that you'd like to delete, then go to https://business.google.com on desktop while you're logged into the account that owns the Google+ page, choose the Google+ page you'd like to delete, click on the 'hamburger' 3-line menu at top left, choose settings, and the delete page option should appear towards the bottom of that Settings page. Follow the instructions to complete the deletion process. It's an irreversible process, so make sure you're absolutely certain that you'd like to delete that Google+ page, and you've read all the small print.

Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@KICCA S

despite of not contradicting the correct answer @wasaweb gave you I belive providing a even better and more convenient method:

Go to https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts click the page in question and the the Link "DELETE".

All done!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Helmut Geissler - I didn't know that existed! Thanks, it's good to learn new things.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@wasaweb:

as always, I'm glad to share useful information to friends

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @helmut_geissler- How can I delete a page if the company doesn't have access to them? Any suggestions?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Cox R

how can I answer a question that unspecific?

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

And please include then the  following with your question in the new thread:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
This older "Solved" thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

When you post, please be sure to include the following information as well:

1. Full business name 

2. Current business address 

3. Current business telephone number 

4. Google+ URL 

Thank you.