My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Customers cant find me as a locksmith in my NEIGHBORHOOD!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi how are you so still. nothing changed. Since google has suspended my EA Locksmith Inc page I am not on the map when searching for a locksmith in /MY neighborhood! That means if you on my street you cant find me! I have LOCKSMITH neighbors pop every day next to me yet my page is dead. It's a real location with real service on site and emergency around my neighborhood and beyond. This means now if anyone searches locksmith in my area I am off so basically I am not listed under any category in the maps. Well if any not as a locksmith. You keep asking me to do posts and it will come up, 2 months has passed people cant find me on the map when searching for a locksmith. How do you expect an honest business to show up as a locksmith on your map if you suspended him off the locksmith category? Maybe catering would work better for me. This is makes me angry, crooks prosper. Honest guys get left behind. I know Facebook is not so good for emergency locksmith but at least I will get "ONE" call from their service. I need help but your phone customer service keeps brushing me off. How do I get my page back under the LOCKSMITH category again????
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Customers cant find me as a locksmith in my NEIGHBORHOOD!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I did a search for "Locksmith Kitchener ON" and your listing does come up, but towards the bottom of the list.

Screenshot_2016-12-08-19-57-36.jpg

I did found a weird situation in MapMaker... the main category "Emergency Locksmith Service" is showing in french. 

Screenshot_2016-12-08-20-00-47.jpg

i attemped to edit this to the english version but the category wasn't coming up. I will see about esculating this higher, due to this glitch.

I also see that the listing was only created November 5th of this year and after being suspended it was re-instated on nov 11th. Newer listings can take time to rank locally. With your website under construction and not linked to the listing currently it could also have some affects as well. Organic and local do go hand and hand.

I hope this information helped,

Lyndsey

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok yes please make sure someone takes a look at it because this location is everything too me. It's very hard when the most common call is from google maps. Thanks very much for your reply. I appreciate the help I don't know how all the sudden my location shows up and I am so happy that it shines among everyone for all to see and hopefully call. But there's one weird phenomenon, when I zoom in on my location as EA Locksmith Inc on 31 Machado st in Kitchener the listing disappears as I zoom in on the map yet everyone else are still there. As soon as I zoom in on an area my listing disappears basically. Can you let me know please if it's the same on your end? I would add a screen shot but I don't know how. Sorry

Thanks,

Eli Abbasov

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry it's gone! It's off the map this morning I checked and it's as if it doesn't exist under locksmith category.. :(

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eli,

When I searched Locksmith Kitchener ON it came up the first time but now won't. I did search "Locksmith + postal code" and your the only listing that I see come up. 

I see that your address is residential, if i'm not mistaken? When your place of work is residential and you "deliver Goods and services to customers" you can have a SAB (Service Area Business) listing. This article explains SAB listings further. What this will do is remove your physical address from the listing and have the city only in which you serve. 

I checked the Canadian Category list for Google My Business, and "Emergency Locksmith Service" is actually no longer a category that is offered. The categories offered can be found HERE under the English + Canada File. Usually if you have a grandfathered category as your primary category it will not change on your listing unless you remove it, than you wouldn't be able to add it back. 

I have someone higher up than myself escalating the issue with MapMaker showing your Primary category in "French". 

As for the listing disappearing when zooming in, i am seeing the same thing. Sometimes this is normal, that Google changes the results, but why it removed your listing when it's right on the location is a little off. Hopefully once things are fixed with your category issue this will straighten itself out. Once that is fixed if you are working from a residential home changing the listing to SAB could help as well. its worth a shot. :) 

I hope all of this information helps and we see positive results,

Lyndsey

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I try to search Locksmith, Locksmith Service, Kitchener Locksmith. Anything. Nothing comes up. I try to use non logged in user because if you have opened my page a few times google remembers that and you will see me from now on all the time. So fresh customers who never opened my page won't have the chance to do it because my category of emergency locksmith service has been banned and it appears in french to hush me off the local map. It cannot be fixed when trying to edit. Means something is holding my map location.

Early night 12am-1am it showed up I don't know how. This morning I am no longer on the list. I even got a call last night maybe for the first time in months off the map. BUT NOW IT'S GONE.

Regards to the address listing, it's a residential area and other businesses seem to have no issue to show up on the list. Yet mine doesn't and I do service at my address I have a shop close to be finished renovating to cut keys car keys. I also invite customers to my address location to get car key copy service some off customers don't want to pay service fees so they come to my business location which is 31 Machado st. So if it is displayed on all of my listings how come google won't show me locally? It doesn't show me as a Locksmith at all at the moment. I have proven already that my company business is physically registered and operating from this address by sending them (google my business team) my legal papers with the details and pictures. Nothing helped. They just put the page back on and the page was dead ever since. I am just posting posts and just hopping for the best that someone kind as you maybe or professional can help me fix this issue and get my business location going. So what do I do in terms of *delivering goods at customers address? what if I do both? I prefer to service at my address in fact. I want to let customers know they are welcome to come to my business address whether it's residential or not. I don't have money for a fancy office or a store but I do deserve to show on map as service that is being done at this location, that's what drives me crazy sometimes :)

We can simply change the category to Locksmith service but when I try it won't let me. (from the map maker)

If I do it on my page, it will suspend it again due to main category change. Unless I should try?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@EA L

don't play around with  your lsiting as it is still alive.

Not even with catehgories.

https://goo.gl/maps/GmTjhEhS2B72

Getting it suspended or deactivated will create much more hassle for you

I get you btw for "Emergency Locksmith Service, Key Duplication Service near kitchener ON" with google.ca

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

KItchener isn't in the French part of Canada?

Am I right?

I also investigated the listing on MapMaker and it seems for me being a category issue.

The primary category is defined in French as "Service de serrurerie d'urgence". Not sure this is somehow triggering the ranking issue you experienced.

More: all edits I do on MapMaker regarding this French category get "autodenied" instantly.

(this is very strange and happens only if there is somethings bad with your listing.)

Not sure: but maybe it could help to unverify the listing and then try to edit it through MapMaker - but its bit like playing hazard.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know, if you look from space you can find me on the list. But as soon as you zoom in just a bit I disappear. It is unfair that my listing is the only one I see disappearing completely when zooming in on the city of Kitchener. not even on the list. It is because my category stuck in french so I won't show up. So still no change, no calls. nothing. I don't exist right now.

My business is not listed on the map-list either when searching for my catergory

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, it's been almost 3 months since my page was reinstated to google maps and it keeps disappearing from the maps all the time. My page shows as verified yet when I search Locksmith on the map of Kitchener Ontario my listing won't come up anywhere on the map, not on listing not at all! I have been out of calls for 3 months now and nothing I do helps! It seems as if someone is spamming me by flagging my business yet I might be just assuming. Listen anyone out there who can help me, I am a legit Incorporated 1 person Locksmith bussines I don't do fraud activities. Yet google decided to block me off the map because I stupidly updated my name because customers kept being redirected to E&A Locksmith company in the USA.

My legal name is EA Locksmith Inc. located on 31 Machado St. Kitchener my home is my business and I prefer customers coming to my location to cut their Car Key copies. I don't see anything wrong with that. In Canada is accepted to have your home also as your business and the office room and the garage work shop also claimed as business at 31 Machado st. 

I have sent photos and all the legal docs to google my business team yet nothing changes, my listing is verified yet still won't show on the list of Locksmith businesses that do appear on the map some just 50 meters from my house as of today.

It is hard to believe that mighty google cannot have a fair system. It has too. I can't do spam and fraud It's not what I stand for. But this situation leaves my business dead on google (no matter how many posts I post)

Please help! I will definitely be grateful for any help.

20161109_155807[2].jpg20161111_140518-2[1].jpg15540270_10154058708577703_1288549221_o.jpg20161109_091845[2].jpg14976365_10210647613294798_162181557067058887_o.jpg20161208_221237.jpg20161208_221401.jpg