My Business
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Customer review is not showing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Transition Graphics

May Hill View, Newent GL18 1UB UK

07515 376861

https://plus.google.com/+TransitiongraphicsCoUkGraphics

Hi,

I have been working quite hard on encouraging my customers to leave reviews. I do not have many as yet, so the one's I do have are very important to me. However, some customer's are reporting that they have completed the review, posted but the review does not show?

One particular customer tried a few times and even sent me a screen shot to prove they have done so!

Screen Shot

I can not see why this would be refused?

I realise Google needs a verification process, but if it results in reviews never being posted, the customer is ultimately going to get frustrated and simply not bother. This kills the point of reviews.

Is there anyway of getting the review posted?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Customer review is not showing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Grant

Unfortunately there is no way to get the review posted but the reviewer could try tweaking it a bit - It looked like there was more to the review than was shown in the screenshot. Length can be a factor in reviews being filtered so if the reviewer can delete the original review and then add a shorter review that may help.

Key here is 'may' though - there is no definitive way of knowing exactly what triggers a 'takedown' by the review algorithm and whilst I understand it is frustrating for people to leave reviews that are then not retained, you just have to keep plugging away at asking them for reviews.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If the length is a factor to a review, why doesn't Google restrict the amount of characters entered? Seems like a big oversight.

Whilst I understand Google's point of view, I can not keep going back to my clients to ask them to 'keep plugging away', it makes me look unprofessional as the client will not see this as Google fault. Maybe this would work better if I could ask the client to email me their testimonial, I sit and play around until Google gives me a green light, once I submit, and email is sent to the client to review, on approval review gets posted. At the end of the day, I want to review to appear, hence I would not mind playing around if there was some instant feedback on the approval process. I don't see this as a replacement service just a complimentary one.

Just thinking out loud and I know this does not resolve my current situation.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Grant

Thinking out loud is always good :) but I'm not sure what you mean by "play around until Google gives me a green light'? How would you know that the review was good to go?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So I'm assuming there is an algorithm which looks at the review and decides whether the review meets the requirements. Well, when I design forms, if you do not fill out the information correctly, the form gives instructions on what requirements have not been met. Well surely Google can do the same. Actually if some instant feedback was available, then the customer is actually more likely to fix the issues there and then. Hence the whole review / validation process I mentioned earlier would not be required.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Ahh right, now I understand. That's not a bad idea - I'd recommend submitting via feedback in either the GMB desktop dashboard or the GMB Mobile app :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can I just say, I just had a online chat regarding the above, the assistant was incredibly unhelpful. All I was trying to do was give a bit of feedback!!!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Grant S

Can I just say, I just had a online chat regarding the above, the assistant was incredibly unhelpful. All I was trying to do was give a bit of feedback!!!

And can say in a feeback you are going to send what you like to express your frustration.

But you seem mistunderstanding the role of the volunteering helpers here.

@PriyaC was trying not to react on any vague "feedback" you gave but to answer your two questions:

- "I can not see why this would be refused?" and 

- "Is there anyway of getting the review posted?"

Means also your last phrase  "All I was trying to do was give a bit of feedback!!!" - isn't the entire truth.

I understand well that you feel uncomfortable with the missing  options getting the review posted.

But getting knowledge about facts as of the GMB as their product you can't describe as unhelpful.