My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Customer has accidentally left a 1 star review but really positive comments...help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We've had someone leave a really positively worded review but they've accidentally selected 1 star.

How can this be changed if I can't contact them directly?

Re: Customer has accidentally left a 1 star review but really positive comments...help!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

My recommendation would be to respond to them as the owner, thanking them for the review and saying something along the lines of "...it sounds like you've had a favorable experience, so we're disappointed to see you've rated us as 1 of 5 stars. If we've earned a better rating please feel free to update your review accordingly otherwise we'd love to hear more about how we can improve your experience next time. We hope to serve you again soon!"

This owner response is emailed to the client. If they have accidentally rated you incorrectly, they may choose to update their review. Remember you're speaking to a wider audience, the searchers reading your reviews. Do not be forceful in asking the reviewer to give you a better rating. You may also find it helpful to read though GMBs best practices for responding to reviews: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3474050?hl=en

Best,
Meghan

Re: Customer has accidentally left a 1 star review but really positive comments...help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Meghan. I've done exactly as you said and can only hope the individual concerned actually picks up the email. I don't want to harass them in any way but it would obviously be really disappointing to have our overall rating incorrectly reduced.