AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please kindly look at this issue

"You’ll see the customised URL that you’ve been approved for, which you aren’t able to change. You may also need to add a few letters or numbers to make it unique to you."

Now I only want to use the already approved URL but it wont save. It keeps showing red that I still have to add an alphabet but I dont want to. I like the one already there

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Instructius
January 2016

Re: Custom URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Instructius

The term 'custom url' is a bit misleading as you can't really select what goes into the URL - that is determined by Google's algorithm. As you've seen, this can sometimes mean you need to add numbers and/or letters to the URL.

If you don't like what's being offered then you can only decline and wait for a (hopefully) better offer.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Instructius
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Instructius

The term 'custom url' is a bit misleading as you can't really select what goes into the URL - that is determined by Google's algorithm. As you've seen, this can sometimes mean you need to add numbers and/or letters to the URL.

If you don't like what's being offered then you can only decline and wait for a (hopefully) better offer.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How can I decline the offered URL? Thank you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Please start your own thread, Mister T
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.