My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please kindly look at this issue

"You’ll see the customised URL that you’ve been approved for, which you aren’t able to change. You may also need to add a few letters or numbers to make it unique to you."

Now I only want to use the already approved URL but it wont save. It keeps showing red that I still have to add an alphabet but I dont want to. I like the one already there

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Instructius
January 2016

Re: Custom URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Instructius

The term 'custom url' is a bit misleading as you can't really select what goes into the URL - that is determined by Google's algorithm. As you've seen, this can sometimes mean you need to add numbers and/or letters to the URL.

If you don't like what's being offered then you can only decline and wait for a (hopefully) better offer.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How can I decline the offered URL? Thank you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Please start your own thread, Mister T
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.