My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom URL woes

[ Edited ]
R N
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
R N
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So Google offered me a URL:

/FountainCitySantaBarbara

And then below it is said: confirm you want to change your URL, warning you can only do this once.

SantaBarbara is a terrible extension for my company cause we no longer operate from Santa Barbara so I said "yes I want to change my URL" expecting to get a new question with "okay what do you want it to be changed to?"

But it looks as if instead I was confirming that I wanted it changed TO /FountainCitySantaBarbara sigh... such bad UX.

Now I can't even find a link to my public URL so I can check it? Instead that block is just gone.

How can I change my URL? (I know it says I can't but that seems ridiculous)

Do I have to delete my google+ business and start over? (sounds like a terrible idea)

Where can I even find my public URL so I can check it?

UI/UX in general for the business section of Google+ is soooo bad. This is not the only confusing part of the experience.

Thanks for your help.

<Moved to Google My Business Community by Community Manager>

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author R N
August 2016

Re: Custom URL woes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @R N

The only thing I can suggest is to try contacting business support to reset the custom url.

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Custom URL woes

R N
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
R N
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for this link, I spoke with Google and they said they would help to change the URL and remove the incorrect location suffix.